New Amps Week- Shiva and 5153 Edition!

Probably not enough empty blocks on the FM3 and an xlr to 1/4 cable on hand... :ROFLMAO:

You actually need to wire up all those Loverpedal thingamigs up front and put that FAS in the loop :love

I played around with them Saturday night and had some fun, gonna be a bit of a trick to get some of the more fuzzy sounding ones working with the Shiva due to a lack of a Mid knob on the clean channel.

I’m going to keep things either all FM9 in 4CM or a pedalboard in 4CM. If I added pedals to the FM9 rig I’d have to put a 2nd tier above the FM9 and I don’t have a lot of interest in having a 9” high pedalboard that weighs 75lbs. :roflI think the only way I’d integrate pedals with a Fractal-anything is if I racked them with the III and put a loop switcher in there so I only had to use 1 Fractal loop.

I always look at pedalboards from a “I’m going to have to step on shit without looking sometimes” POV, I actually already started practicing singing while playing/switching stuff so by the time I get the band together I’m not playing catchup with myself, stuff as simple as where the board is placed or angled all has to be thought out so I don’t step on an EJ patch heading into a breakdown. :ROFLMAO:

That's why I ended going towards the FM3. It's not small but small enough that you can use it on a board with some analog pedals and split that signal accordingly. I used external pedals (that I couldn't not use) with the FM9 once and it was a battleship.

Hahahahah what’s your issue with 4CM? :rofl

You got a problem with wah pedals and pristine delays and reverbs?!?!

Haha! More moving pieces and cables = more moving pieces and cables. :idk

You are literally creating a ground loop (not interrupting one) with 4CM.

And you can be fine at home/jam space, and then haul your pristine setup
out to some strange environs and have a mess on your hands when you plug
all that "no hum" setup into power you have no actual experience using.

"Where did that come from?" "It didn't sound like that at home."

Then you're ripping shit apart and trying to problem solve while not getting
into the proper headspace to entertain/have fun.

No idea how I know any of this could ever happen. :beer

:rofl

That's why I ended going towards the FM3. It's not small but small enough that you can use it on a board with some analog pedals and split that signal accordingly. I used external pedals (that I couldn't not use) with the FM9 once and it was a battleship.

Reaction GIF

I played around with them Saturday night and had some fun, gonna be a bit of a trick to get some of the more fuzzy sounding ones working with the Shiva due to a lack of a Mid knob on the clean channel.

I’m going to keep things either all FM9 in 4CM or a pedalboard in 4CM. If I added pedals to the FM9 rig I’d have to put a 2nd tier above the FM9 and I don’t have a lot of interest in having a 9” high pedalboard that weighs 75lbs. :roflI think the only way I’d integrate pedals with a Fractal-anything is if I racked them with the III and put a loop switcher in there so I only had to use 1 Fractal loop.

I always look at pedalboards from a “I’m going to have to step on shit without looking sometimes” POV, I actually already started practicing singing while playing/switching stuff so by the time I get the band together I’m not playing catchup with myself, stuff as simple as where the board is placed or angled all has to be thought out so I don’t step on an EJ patch heading into a breakdown. :ROFLMAO:

Haha! We all get to be crazy and overindulge until we come to our senses. Part of the journey. :beer

So serious non- :poop: question. What do you do when you run real amps? You are going to have those same cabling/dirty power concerns/hurdles with those as well.

I am prone to my own overindulgent and complicated nonsense, for sure. I just try to keep it in house
and not leave home with that crap and subject the public to it. :LOL:

In no way does that make me better than people who do, though. :beer

So serious non- :poop: question. What do you do when you run real amps? You are going to have those same cabling/dirty power concerns/hurdles with those as well.

Not necessarily. And not always. And maybe it is dependent on the area you live in, and the
venues you frequent, when it comes to how clean/dirty the power is, or isn't. :idk

4CM can generate ground loop hums that are not present when you are just running into
the front of the amp. Or are using a pedalboard into the front of an amp.

It's not really an outlandish or rare phenomenon either.

I also like and adhere to the KISS principle after too many stressful moments when not doing so.

If others achieve lasting success and great prosperity doing otherwise good on them. :beer

Not necessarily. And not always. And maybe it is dependent on the area you live in, and the
venues you frequent, when it comes to how clean/dirty the power is, or isn't. :idk

4CM can generate ground loop hums that are not present when you are just running into
the front of the amp. Or are using a pedalboard into the front of an amp.

It's not really an outlandish or rare phenomenon either.

I also like and adhere to the KISS principle after too many stressful moments when not doing so.

If others achieve lasting success and great prosperity doing otherwise good on them. :beer
Oh I get it 100%. My gig will always require shenanigans and stupidity unfortunately :rofl Isolated pedal power supply and keeping things all on the same circuit has always been what works best for my dumb rigs. The Badlander has also helped a TON by being a super quiet amp on top of that :love

Man, I just spent the last few hours getting 4CM setup with the FM9. I dunno WTF happened in that first hour, but it resulted in me pulling every 1/4” cable I had around the house and testing it to see if it was dead or not. I was curious if I’d get any ground hum, there’s a little extra noise but no more than I’d anticipate if I had pedals and other gear in the loop. Hahaha one of the cables for the effects loop was wrapped around the power strip numerous times and it made no difference.

WOW.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Obviously I’ve been using Fractal stuff for a while and am aware of the quality, but very little with an actual amp. For some reason I didn’t think the integration would be as easy but I was wrong about that. Some of the blocks were just saved blocks from my other presets using the amp block, no tweaking necessary, just load ‘em up. That amp sounds so damn good, the FM9 sounds so damn good, both the Gilmour Strat and Orville sound like they were made for that amp, I was equally lost in gratitude as much as I was tones.

Dude, the FM9 is seriously amazing in 4cm with an amp, for sure. I loved using it that way with my Dyne. :chef

Loved having the hold functions on the switches, too.

One last thing: I know I've seen that same white Dyne before. It's pretty distinctive - I can't imagine there are that many around? Must've been the emporium at TOP.

Back