NADs- Tubestack edition!

Man, I love how those Lovepedals add to/enhance an amp without masking/destroying an amp's core tone.

Sounds great, Drew! :chef

EXACTLY!

It’s really fucking cool how, despite the amount of gain you end up adding, it’s not taking or really adding anything, just naturally stepping up the gain. The Zen gives it some additional hair the V/M doesn’t have.

Really though, I could just have that Vintage Modern in front of the amp and cover pretty much all the tones required for a rock/hard rock gig without being upset a single bit.

Yup. I have gigged Lovepedals more than any others. The sound and feel is just there. For me.

Purple Plexi was my go to for years. Leave it on all the time, ride your volume and touch on the
guitar and then hit it with a Kanji to get over the top. So. Fun. :rawk

That Lovepedal that Itchy sent over was realllllllly uninspiring. I need to do a revisit at some point I am thinking.

COT? Amp50?

To be fair he doesn't really make a modern pedal---in spite of the name. Kind of maxes
out in JCM800 territory and the mid-80s. But if you dig vintage Blackface/Tweed/JTM/
Marshall tones he kills it. To me. :idk

Great to see you enjoying the Dyne so much, @DrewJD82 :love:love:love

And now it's my turn... :rofl

GIF by The Jerry Springer Show

I can't remember? @itchyfingers which one of your Lovepedals did I have for a spell? I think there really might not be much to do on top of a 5150 Stealth as far as boosting goes :oops::ROFLMAO:

I can't remember? @itchyfingers which one of your Lovepedals did I have for a spell? I think there really might not be much to do on top of a 5150 Stealth as far as boosting goes :oops::ROFLMAO:

Hahahahaha it's fun to boost it, but I'm not sure I'd go for a Lovepedal to do it with a 5153. It'll function fine, but in the grand scheme of all the boosts/OD's out there and with stuff being directed towards modern boosts, I'd be looking towards the Dirty Tree type stuff or whoever else is doing stuff in that vein. Periphery Misha Lamborgini Fundevices.

I’d actually be interested in grabbing a love pedal for the clean channel of my 5153. Some smooth steely Dan zen drive tones perhaps

Hahahahaha it's fun to boost it, but I'm not sure I'd go for a Lovepedal to do it with a 5153. It'll function fine, but in the grand scheme of all the boosts/OD's out there and with stuff being directed towards modern boosts, I'd be looking towards the Dirty Tree type stuff or whoever else is doing stuff in that vein. Periphery Misha Lamborgini Fundevices.

I agree. A few of the Lovepedal ODs/Boosts, like the Tchulas and Church Of Tones (COTs) are more
designed and intended for taking an amp on the edge of breakup and pushing it a little more.

I am guessing that is not exactly prime JT territory. :idk

The only "boost an higher gain to medium gain amp" Overdrive I'd shout out from Lovepedal would
be an Kanji or one of the Eternity variants.

All the rest are more like "add on to what your Princeton, or Deluxe Reverb is already giving you"
style of overdrive.

I agree. A few of the Lovepedal ODs/Boosts, like the Tchulas and Church Of Tones (COTs) are more
designed and intended for taking an amp on the edge of breakup and pushing it a little more.

I am guessing that is not exactly prime JT territory. :idk

The only "boost an higher gain to medium gain amp" Overdrive I'd shout out from Lovepedal would
be an Kanji or one of the Eternity variants.

All the rest are more like "add on to what your Princeton, or Deluxe Reverb is already giving you"
style of overdrive.

Obviously I largely agree, however, I just plugged my Orville into all the pedals I was plugged into yesterday, dicked around with the Mesa a bit and actually pulled the Volume back a bit and tweaked the Vintage Modern so it steps up in gain a little more discretely and while I’m uncertain how well this would hold up in a live context and I know the full ‘Oooooowwwaaaaaa’ in the low end isn’t coming through this vid, but I’m quite surprised by the heavies this can deliver-

That’s also coming out of the EVH cab instead of the Retro 30 cab, though I had them both plugged in at one point and quite dig it.

Back