NADs- Tubestack edition!

DrewJD82

Staff member
So the guy who sold me the Shiva hit me up today and made an offer I couldn’t refuse-

IMG_5768.jpeg

IMG_5771.jpeg

Hahahaha sitting on that old Mesa cab, it looks tiny as hell in comparison to the others, but that cab has two C90’s in it and would absolutely blow the windows out of this place before either other cab even made the walls shake.

Haven’t plugged it in yet, getting up to Delray was a bit of a nightmare due to traffic, a 45 minute trip ended up taking me over 2 hours, so I’m scarfing some food down and then seeing how delicately I can adjust that volume knob! I read a bunch of @TubeStack’s posts on TOP about this amp, along with everyone else, who all say it’s stupid loud.

Much like the Shiva, I wasn’t looking for this for any reason, but some deals are stupid to pass up.

Aww yeah baby!!!

Make sure to try it with some V30s, if you can.

I could live in the blue channel, and mostly do, but it has an insanely nice clean channel, too. Definitely try that with your Strat! :love

Aww yeah baby!!!

Make sure to try it with some V30s, if you can.

I could live in the blue channel, and mostly do, but it has an insanely nice clean channel, too. Definitely try that with your Strat! :love

I don’t have any V30’s, but I have WGS Retro 30’s!

NICE!!! 😍

But...

Heinz ketchup should be stored in the fridge :cop

Hahahah I used to argue with my ex about this all the time, until we had 2 ketchups. She preferred it refrigerated, I don’t, because putting cold stuff on hot food doesn’t always compute for me. And yeah, say what they want about spoiling, EVERY SINGLE restaurant in the US does not store their ketchup in the fridge and I’ve never personally encountered a bottle of spoiled ketchup!

So the guy who sold me the Shiva hit me up today and made an offer I couldn’t refuse-

View attachment 18152

View attachment 18154

Hahahaha sitting on that old Mesa cab, it looks tiny as hell in comparison to the others, but that cab has two C90’s in it and would absolutely blow the windows out of this place before either other cab even made the walls shake.

Haven’t plugged it in yet, getting up to Delray was a bit of a nightmare due to traffic, a 45 minute trip ended up taking me over 2 hours, so I’m scarfing some food down and then seeing how delicately I can adjust that volume knob! I read a bunch of @TubeStack’s posts on TOP about this amp, along with everyone else, who all say it’s stupid loud.

Much like the Shiva, I wasn’t looking for this for any reason, but some deals are stupid to pass up.
Damn!!! What a collection👍🏻
Its Beautiful Reaction GIF

About all I would add would be a JCM800:sofa

Sir, I wish to direct you to last paragraph of the linked article which addresses this very assertion.

Good day 🎩👌

Oh no, sir, this is not your good day, because my 20 years in the restaurant business is going to make you bring your own ketchup in a cooler from now on!

1- If you’ve ever used ketchup in a basic, red container with no branding-

112K.png

That was filled using a big ole bottle that’s been sittin’ there for months.

2- Restaurants have lots of slow times where only the first couple rows of ketchup are used. This can be anything from a slow lunch shift to a slow season, for months. Ma and Pop joints are especially known for this because they don’t throw anything away without using every last drop. No one is checking the dates printed on the bottle, if there’s something in it, toss it on the shelf until it’s gone.

3- Almost every restaurant I have ever worked in has some form of ‘marrying condiments’, where you take the stuff that’s past the half-empty point so you marry it with another bottle. Chances are, you’ve absolutely eaten ketchup that has been married several times over, from variously aged bottles of ketchup. And the server that married them has a 50% chance of having their or someone else’s bodily fluids present on their hands when doing so.

If management is good, they’ll keep things in check so things like that don’t sit around forever. My reasoning was I never wanted a guest to read the date on a bottle and see that it was 5 years old, because exactly that happened when I was a server. So I only allowed a certain amount of bottles to be in use at once, 1.5 bottles for each table. But most of my 20 years was in chain restaurants….and most managers aren’t good.

Tea Time Drink GIF by Rachel Crow

Oh no, sir, this is not your good day, because my 20 years in the restaurant business is going to make you bring your own ketchup in a cooler from now on!

1- If you’ve ever used ketchup in a basic, red container with no branding-

112K.png

That was filled using a big ole bottle that’s been sittin’ there for months.

2- Restaurants have lots of slow times where only the first couple rows of ketchup are used. This can be anything from a slow lunch shift to a slow season, for months. Ma and Pop joints are especially known for this because they don’t throw anything away without using every last drop. No one is checking the dates printed on the bottle, if there’s something in it, toss it on the shelf until it’s gone.

3- Almost every restaurant I have ever worked in has some form of ‘marrying condiments’, where you take the stuff that’s past the half-empty point so you marry it with another bottle. Chances are, you’ve absolutely eaten ketchup that has been married several times over, from variously aged bottles of ketchup. And the server that married them has a 50% chance of having their or someone else’s bodily fluids present on their hands when doing so.

If management is good, they’ll keep things in check so things like that don’t sit around forever. My reasoning was I never wanted a guest to read the date on a bottle and see that it was 5 years old, because exactly that happened when I was a server. So I only allowed a certain amount of bottles to be in use at once, 1.5 bottles for each table. But most of my 20 years was in chain restaurants….and most managers aren’t good.

Tea Time Drink GIF by Rachel Crow

Uh, so about that new amp…. (damn you, @jellodog)…

Ok, got some time in with it.

I dunno if I’’ll be flipping this. :rofl

Before I figured out the whole Gain Trim situation I was less than impressed. I had the Volume dimed with the Master down, wondering “Where the hell is all the gain?!“ Then I hit that switch and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now I see!

This is actually everything I was hoping the Shiva would deliver. I can see what @la szum is saying with the similarities, but the gain structure and feel are definitely different. This is so much more immediate than the Shiva and cleans up a HELLUVALOT better, but the Shiva also has more gain going on. Maybe I’ll change my opinion on some of that stuff after I get the chance to crank the shit out of it at work. I’m REALLY anxious to do that with this amp, because I know you gotta crank it to get it singing.

This really seems to hit that Plexi thing I was going for, which is funny, because I found a post from myself saying something in JT’s ED thread about how I wasn’t interested in high gain amps at the time and wanted something Plexi-ish/pedal platform. Well, that’s definitely this. Hahahahha I also saw this in the thread I made for it when the guy was selling it for $1000-

There are certainly Mesa’s that I wouldn’t be able to resist a great deal on, even when I’m saying “no more for a little bit”, but this isn’t one of them. And if it is, I don’t want to find out….for a little bit. :rofl

Well, I found out!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Am I the only one who initially read the title as “NAD- Tubesteak Edition?”

Sorry @TubeStack 😬

Haha, it's funny, I was somehow unfamiliar with the term “tube steak” when I made my username, long ago. Maybe it's an American expression? Was totally meaning the Gorilla distortion mode. But I just thought, “ah well, it's a funny side-effect/meaning” and stuck with it (and used the Gorilla avatar, for emphasis). :grin :rofl

Back