New Amps Week- Shiva and 5153 Edition!

DrewJD82

Staff member
I’m going to do the responsible thing and really weigh my decisions.…for the next 2 weeks until my bonus hits my account and I buy the first cool thing I see.

I lasted 15 minutes. :rofl

Found a great deal on this mawfucka-
IMG_5319.jpeg

I don’t drive in shitty weather often, but I white knuckled my way to Delray Beach to grab this as soon as I saw it. Had it not been Delray Beach, I would have assumed it was a scam. 2008, green-chassis version!

Only played it for about 10 minutes with the Strat and Les Paul. It’s not what I was looking for in a metal head for the band I’m putting together, but I may be getting two birds stoned at once with it as I love the dirt channel for the non-metal shit and I‘m going to play around with the FM9 and 4CM. 80 watts should give me enough wallop. And the thing is actually usable in an apartment!!! I’m going to bring it to work and set up in a vacant spot sooner than later, I want to hear this thing opened up!

I’m actually really digging it. I assumed the OCD would work well with it and while this still won’t be the amp that does the chugga chugga thing I want, it sounds fucking awesome. This thing can cover a LOT of ground and I’ve barely tweaked it. I’ve also barely touched the clean channel, I’m just in full on rock mode with the Orville.

Hahahhaha I played it for like 20 minutes before I realized there was a Presence knob next to the MV. I pulled out the G-Force for the first time since I’ve had the AxeFX and tossed it in the loop. I can still navigate that thing by memory!

Scarfing down some much needed food then it’s back to playing!!

Yeah, I’m a happy camper.

I should probably read the manual on this thing, it was like an hour into it before I realized the amp’s boost isn’t just a volume boost. I’m dicking around with the amp’s boost with the OCD in front.

I wish I enjoyed clean tones with humbuckers, but man, my Strat into that clean channel is stupid good and it’s a great pedal platform in either channel. I don’t think this amp is going anywhere.

Very interested to hear how this works out for you in 4cm. I’m wanting to do the same with Helix and a 2204 clone so I can have a bangin’ stage amp and great sounding direct feed.

Very interested to hear how this works out for you in 4cm. I’m wanting to do the same with Helix and a 2204 clone so I can have a bangin’ stage amp and great sounding direct feed.

I'm thinking of all kinds of options to exploit!

There was almost a NAD #2 today, the potential is still there if the seller pulls his head out of his ass.

IMG_5325.jpeg

I hit the dude up last night and send him my number, get a text around 1:30AM asking me what I’d like to offer him.
Drew- “$500 like the ad says”
Dipshit- “Oh I meant just the head only, not the head and cab”
Drew- “Perfect! I don’t want the cab!”
Dipshit- “What about the pedalboard?” (dude has a bunch of decent pedals I have no interest in)
Drew- “Really just want the amp, I can be there with cash in hand in the morning“
Dipshit- “Someone is offering me $700 for it, can you beat that?”
Drew- “When you want to honor the ad hit me up. You just wasted both our time, dude”

There was almost a NAD #2 today, the potential is still there if the seller pulls his head out of his ass.

View attachment 15921

I hit the dude up last night and send him my number, get a text around 1:30AM asking me what I’d like to offer him.
Drew- “$500 like the ad says”
Dipshit- “Oh I meant just the head only, not the head and cab”
Drew- “Perfect! I don’t want the cab!”
Dipshit- “What about the pedalboard?” (dude has a bunch of decent pedals I have no interest in)
Drew- “Really just want the amp, I can be there with cash in hand in the morning“
Dipshit- “Someone is offering me $700 for it, can you beat that?”
Drew- “When you want to honor the ad hit me up. You just wasted both our time, dude”
Lame.

Drew, any chance I can take over in the negotiation
for you??
-damn straight he’s included the 4X12 cab.
This is ‘Merica’,
Shell trick up the bunghole eh?

Drew, tomorrows Monday, the seller’s facing the labor pool at 345am…or include the f’n 4X12
the amplifier was sitting ont top of.
It’s that simple.

Drew, any chance I can take over in the negotiation
for you??
-damn straight he’s included the 4X12 cab.
This is ‘Merica’,
Shell trick up the bunghole eh?

Drew, tomorrows Monday, the seller’s facing the labor pool at 345am…or include the f’n 4X12
the amplifier was sitting ont top of.
It’s that simple.

I'm just going to wait for him to piss everyone else off so he comes back to me with "Will you still take the head for $500?"

Back