Mick Mars Sues Motley Crue

Yup. Probably not as much about how they sound now, as what they sounded like when someone was young
and made some great memories while listening to them.

Music is a sort of Time Machine like that.
1000%. I sat and watched the Helloween concert vid from 2019 over the weekend and jesus christ; the sound of Kiske's voice and just that band firing on all cylinders (in direct opposition to the Crue) just hit me like a ton of bricks. So much nostalgia.

I‘m kinda glad I spent my teenage years in the early to mid nineties. After Hair Metal, before Nu Metal. That was a good time.
Man; I loved a TON of varying stuff. Starting with 80s metal and having to hang on to the older acts through the 90s meant you either dumped then went all death or melo-death stuff OR you adjusted and went along with bands that had some growing pains. Whether or not they were all problems in the consumer's mind or they were actually terrible albums.

That‘s the thing. For a band like MC there is no such thing as bad publicity. There is only publicity. If artistic integrity were that important to Mick Mars - who is suddenly praised like a saint - he would never have been part of that band
I mean, I could show you some terrible publicity

Man; I loved a TON of varying stuff. Starting with 80s metal and having to hang on to the older acts through the 90s meant you either dumped then went all death or melo-death stuff OR you adjusted and went along with bands that had some growing pains. Whether or not they were all problems in the consumer's mind or they were actually terrible albums.
Yeah, and of course I‘m not 100% serious. There was some great music in the eighties! Nu Metal, though… :sick:

1000%. I sat and watched the Helloween concert vid from 2019 over the weekend and jesus christ; the sound of Kiske's voice and just that band firing on all cylinders (in direct opposition to the Crue) just hit me like a ton of bricks. So much nostalgia.

I wasn't aware of them until I was in the Navy right out of High School. A buddy I met totally turned
me onto them in 1987 (Keeper Of The Seven Keys: Part I).

That was one of the best parts of being in the military---getting exposed to a ton of music
and different people who had different tastes and loved different bands.

Same thing with the Cult. I can remember the guy and his Toyota that we rode around in as he played
Electric on his cassette player.

I'll have to look for that show and watch it. :beer

NSFW Warning

Hell, that’s only one thing on the list; ya still had killing a dude and paralyzing others in Vince’s DUI and Tommy beating on Pamela that happened before that.

That said, I’m surprised it hasn’t been publicized yet, but Mick wasn’t any better than Nikki in one of their studio docs, I think from the Corabi album. Then there’s the whole Jake E. Lee thing with Mick.

I wasn't aware of them until I was in the Navy right out of High School. A buddy I met totally turned
me onto them in 1987 (Keeper Of The Seven Keys: Part I).

That was one of the best parts of being in the military---getting exposed to a ton of music
and different people who had different tastes and loved different bands.

Same thing with the Cult. I can remember the guy and his Toyota that we rode around in as he played
Electric on his cassette player.

I'll have to look for that show and watch it. :beer
I saw them, Grim Reaper and Armored Saint on that tour. It was really almost otherwordly if you were a trad metal kid who had filled up on Priest and Maiden and wanted something else to whet that whistle.

Kiske's voice to me is just, I can't even put it into words. Perfection. It's like what Steve Perry is to AOR; Kiske is to operatic tinged heavy metal. Just so goddamn good words for me don't really begin to cover it.

Eh, a lot of people aren’t stoked to hear they’re paying crazy ticket prices for Vince to karaoke the show. I really don’t believe this is working in their benefit to any capacity. At best, the pro-Crue side can say “Oh yeah Mick? Well I’m gonna spend $300 to watch Vince sound like sh*t and listen to backing tracks! That’ll learn you!” :rofl
Using backing tracks to cover up for any of the primary band members should be grounds for getting sued for fraud.

Music that imprinted on you in your youth is super powerful. Whether someone else shares that same POV to a band in question or not. Even Motley Crue, for some :oops: :rofl
Thankfully, the Crue was never my bag. I was old enough to appreciate some of their stuff around '87 when I was 13. My older brother was definitely into them. The heavy stuff I listened to was a few years later, like Anthrax, Testament, Megadeth, among many others.

Daaaaamnnnn son!

F*ck those guys. He’s the only dude in that band that has never made them look bad with some nasty public issue*, just showed up and played his f*cking parts even with his health condition.

I was wondering a couple weeks ago when Carmine Appice started lighting up the band if Mick would be pissed that he was airing some dirty laundry but now I see why he wouldn’t be.

FWIW, that bit about Tommy’s parts being on tape and that supposed video of him missing a cue; that was literally his count off being played as he was making his way to the kit, once he started playing it was pretty obvious he was actually playing and what we were heard was just his click track cueing him up. And if Vince’s vocals are on tape they need to find some better f*ckin’ tape. :rofl

*until someone watches some documentaries and hears Mars talk
There was one of those home videos they put out late 80s/early 90s where he says some rather "unacceptable" jokes. They are racist, though I'm sure they were pretty tame in the time period he said them.

That said, fuck Motley Crue. I hope he wipes the floor with them.

Mötley was one of my favorite bands growing up, but it’s clear that Mick is the only one with a sense of integrity in that band. Nikki doesn’t seem comfortable in his own skin, and Tommy seems too comfortable in his own skin. Quit showing me your hog, dude. And we can all safely say that Vince isn’t using tracks live. *wheeze*
The only thing he is using live is the people's ears as a collective toilet bowl.

Back