Mick Mars Sues Motley Crue

Hooligans Holiday was probably my favorite Crue song šŸ˜‚

If these allegations are proven accurate, I hope Mick can take the rest of those douche bags to the cleaners. He was the only reason to ever give their music a listen. Iā€™m disgusted hearing about this.

Hot Take:
John 5 fits in Motley Crue about as well a Wh*re does in church. Much better fit with Marilyn Mansonā€¦
:sofa
Agreed. As a kid, I was convinced that Mick Mars was Ace's son. Nevermind the fact they are probably roughly the same age. Lmao

They sucked in 1986 when I saw them on the Theatre of Pain Tour. How they have lasted
this long with a never-ending series of sh*tty live performances is beyond me.

Maybe they secretly pump Nitrous into the Arenas. :LOL:
What I really don't get is they've been able to continue as very few from the 80s have when they are the poster children of everything that people think is wrong with 80s metal. Kind of baffling.

Horses for Courses. It all makes sense now. Vince's been spending too much time in the Barn with Mr. Ed.

Vince looks kind of like the Cowardly Lion, but 40 years later, when you find out he's a drop down, drag out drunk who drinks nothing but rot gut cheap shit.

What I really don't get is they've been able to continue as very few from the 80s have when they are the poster children of everything that people think is wrong with 80s metal. Kind of baffling.

Motley Crue were the ones who essentially ushered in what became the ugly cliches-the glam makeup and power ballad started with them. It was all of the bands that were hurriedly signed and shoved into the studios and onto MTV with their own power ballads that turned the whole thing into a joke. Because they originated the whole thing, they were mostly spared the ridicule that the "poser bands" that followed received.

I saw the Crue live in 1987, when I was 18 years old. I don't specifically recall the quality of the playing or Vince's vocals from that show, my greatest memories are of all of the exposed female boobages. I would say one in four women were topless by the end of the night. I couldn't walk straight for a week.

Motley Crue were the ones who essentially ushered in what became the ugly cliches-the glam makeup and power ballad started with them. It was all of the bands that were hurriedly signed and shoved into the studios and onto MTV with their own power ballads that turned the whole thing into a joke. Because they originated the whole thing, they were mostly spared the ridicule that the "poser bands" that followed received.
They are kind of a poser amalgamation of stuff like KISS, Angel, and Van Halen, but okay...

Using backing tracks to cover up for any of the primary band members should be grounds for getting sued for fraud.
It's Milli Vanilli for sure. Possibly not too far removed from "doctoring" a live album that we all know goes on.

As average punters want to "hear it like the album", they are vulnerable to this type of thing with the backing tracks. Get drunk enough it's just like watching Youtube on a big screen and they could care less.

Last edited:
Oh boy, does the plot thickens...

Man, until I saw footage of Mick actually playing I thought that was the original guitar track it was so damn tight. How that dude could play an entire set with that click in his ear is beyond me, but Iā€™m guessing side fills and additional stage monitoring probably fills in some of the empty space.

And fuuuuuuuuuck that ā€œPrimal Screamā€ riff is sick.

It's Milli Vanilli for sure. Possibly not too far removed from "doctoring" a live album that we all know goes on.

As average punters want to "hear it like the album", they are vulnerable to this type of thing with the backing tracks. Get drunk enough it's just like watching Youtube on a big screen and they could care less.

This is basically bad karaoke with a light show.

How that dude could play an entire set with that click in his ear is beyond me,
1681222545158.gif

Man, until I saw footage of Mick actually playing I thought that was the original guitar track it was so damn tight.

I have no dog in this fight, but's funny to hear Mars super tight playing contrasted with Vince Neil constantly missing his cues.

I can totally see how Mars could mess up really bad on stage though. The guy's 71, and from the looks of it like he depends 100% on his IEMs to even know which song the band's on.

Last edited:
I have no dog in this fight, but's funny to hear Mars super tight playing contrasted with Vince Neil constantly missing his cues.

I can totally see how Mars could mess up really bad on stage though. The guy's 71, and from the looks of it like he depends 100% on his IEMs to even know which song the band's on.

Letā€™s be honest, thatā€™s one of the more humorous angles of all of this. 70 year olds miming C*ck rock. :ROFLMAO:

This does give me an entirely new appreciation for the GOATā€™s, Rush. Until Pertā€™s death (RIP) those dudes were still slaying it, playing all the intricate stuff from their catalogue as a three piece. They aged like fine wine.

So many IEMā€™s have mics built-in at this point for room ambience, which is why I figured he was still getting plenty from sidefills. That and at the end of Girls Girls Girls I heard a voice come in the IEM saying ā€œOutroā€, most likely Mick told them certain cueā€™s to throw in there that work best for him.

I was reading some more of this drama earlier and at this point, Iā€™m not sure what else Mick can get from the guys-

• They have pre-existing contracts written after Tommy/Vince quit stating that no member can collect money from tour profits if they arenā€™t touring with the band
  • There are no royalties. The other 3 guys have already sold their publishing and Mick is in the process of selling his 10% of publishing.
  • Mick can collect on merch only if it has his likeness on it, which theyā€™re currently selling but you know damn well once those are gone theyā€™ll never print Mick on them again.
So at this point, he can get whatever money they made off the specific shirts they sold with his likeness on it and thatā€™s probably it. Thereā€™s no royalties he can get, heā€™s not touring so there goes that and unless he personally trademarked that name, whatever ownership of that he had will most likely be dissolved when heā€™s no longer a member of the board.

I still wish Mick the best of luck and itā€™s entirely possible this has more to do with ā€œHey, I played an equal role in making that band what it is, if thereā€™s a Motley Crue, I deserve the right to be an equal partner regardless if Iā€™m touring or notā€ and itā€™s not even a financial thing.

Back