Mick Mars Sues Motley Crue

I get that a band would feel that a former member isn't owed any proceeds from future tours, BUT, if he's a shareholder of a corporation that is the actual entity on tour, that seems entirely different.

I've watched newer Crue videos, and I could swear I heard a lot more music than what 4 guys were actually playing live, on-stage. But a bassist that didn't play a single note??? During the entire tour??? That's a new one on me.

My understanding of the claim is that he was playing, just that nothing he played actually made it to FOH, but they used recorded parts instead. But why?? Bass parts in MC songs aren't that difficult. Ammirite? :sofa

So Mick wanted to actually play his parts live. Wanted to actually have the band stick to its word, and not
treat their fans like cash cows.

Nikki is like, "Nah, dawg.... we'll have none of that here."

I mean, really now….Nikki can brag all he wants about selling out shows and how much money they make, but if he needs to rely on f*cking backing tracks to play his 8th note bass lines night to night I hope that money buys him the sense of integrity. I give the dude credit for writing some great songs, but dude….tracks for THAT?

They need to get Murderface on bass.

8ck1799.gif

Mötley was one of my favorite bands growing up, but it’s clear that Mick is the only one with a sense of integrity in that band. Nikki doesn’t seem comfortable in his own skin, and Tommy seems too comfortable in his own skin. Quit showing me your hog, dude. And we can all safely say that Vince isn’t using tracks live. *wheeze*

I recall not minding the first single I heard, way back when, and thinking he had a great voice. But it wasn't Motley Crue without Vince, to me.

I did not listen to the whole album.
Yeah Hooligans Holiday (dumb af title aside) was pretty darn good on its own merit. I think I heard another song or two from that album and wasn't nearly as interested ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah Hooligans Holiday (dumb af title aside) was pretty darn good on its own merit. I think I heard another song or two from that album and wasn't nearly as interested ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Though the music was heavier and more elaborate than the rest of the Mötley Crüe catalog, it did not sell as well as previous releases from the band. Before a concert in Tucson, Arizona which had a 15,000 seat capacity, only 4,000 tickets were sold, Nikki Sixx decided to call into a Tucson area radio station and offer any fan who showed up free tickets. When only two people took Sixx up on his offer, Sixx stated he knew this version of the band was finished.[16]

Ouch! I didn't know it tanked that hard.

What do we think of Corabi Crue? :unsure:
Hooligans Holiday was probably my favorite Crue song 😂

If these allegations are proven accurate, I hope Mick can take the rest of those douche bags to the cleaners. He was the only reason to ever give their music a listen. I’m disgusted hearing about this.

Hot Take:
John 5 fits in Motley Crue about as well a Wh*re does in church. Much better fit with Marilyn Manson…
:sofa

Back in ‘97 when I moved to Staten Island the first buds I made were all about “being cocked”, it was before I had heard the term cockrock and they’d ask me “Is it cocked?” to everything. As part of my hazing and testing how authentic I was when I said I loved 80’s metal they asked me to name a Crue song and the only one I knew was “Hooligan’s Holiday”, they just laughed their asses off at me and told me that wasn’t real Crue. Mind you, these guys were 17 in 1997, it’s not like they were even around for cockrock’s heyday.

After getting sh*t for not knowing the names of all the Crue and Poison hits I got to pull my first “I’m more metal than you” card out of my pocket with “I thought you said 80’s metal, I’m talking about Queensryche, Dio, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax…” but only Ryche was ”cocked” enough for them. :rofl

He wrote some killer riffs,

Did he, though? Sixx has most of the the songwriting credits on his own.

I honestly don't know, but I find it hard to believe Sixx wrote the songs without writing the riffs.

(And I am a Mars fan, for sure.)

Fire Mick. Still give him 5% of ongoing revenue. Hire John 5 and pay him per gig. Pocket the difference (20% of revenues minus
John 5's per gig fee) divided among the 3 remained members.

Lose, lose, win, win, win! :facepalm

Did he, though? Sixx has most of the the songwriting credits on his own.

I honestly don't know, but I find it hard to believe Sixx wrote the songs without writing the riffs.

(And I am a Mars fan, for sure.)

Reads to me like Sixx is an asshole and a control freak. Either way, some of those guitar riffs were nasty. (In a good way) I always wondered what those riffs could have been without the sorta hyper stylized 80’s production and presentation for everyone else, but then again they were just a touch before my era and some of those songs kick ass regardless.

Back