Marshall Amps

Agree the 8100 is its own thing.

I'll get my Jubilee out of storage and reamp with your DI. For me, it leaves my JCM900 in the dust and adds more than my 79 2204. I do generally boost the Jubilee but will not for the reamp.
I didn’t like the Jube when it came out. The eq section freaked me out.

Also back then not knowing Jack about gear the concept of diode clipping was ideologically wrong in my head. But sure I gladly used Dist+ with my 1959, 1992 and 2203. 💁

At least until all of them were hacked up.
Until I got that if those Jose modded things used diodes I prolly should chill. Lol

Where stuff went sideways with me was early 90s when I got into Rectos, Bogner, VHT, Soldano etc

Where just about all had way more lower mids and bottom than I used to like and I’ve come back to that.

A JMP modded like they used to in the day, in other words almost as much gain as modern stuff but still with the Marshall upper mids that’s where it’s at for me.

Where stuff went sideways with me was early 90s when I got into Rectos, Bogner, VHT, Soldano etc

Where just about all had way more lower mids and bottom than I used to like and I’ve come back to that.

A JMP modded like they used to in the day, in other words almost as much gain as modern stuff but still with the Marshall upper mids that’s where it’s at for me.

Season 1 Yes GIF by The Roku Channel

:beer

So far I think the Plexi is my favorite, the distortion is so juicy, mid forward and harmonically rich.
I haven't modded mine with a PPIMV yet, but taking the Fractal 70s 100W Plexi model with Post-PI MV as reference, most of the good tone is there at lower PPIMV settings even when the power tubes, PT and OT are not cooking.

I've ordered some parts for the PPIMV mod from www.amplifiedparts.com in December... it's still shipping. 😑

So far I think the Plexi is my favorite, the distortion is so juicy, mid forward and harmonically rich.
I haven't modded mine with a PPIMV yet, but taking the Fractal 70s 100W Plexi model with Post-PI MV as reference, most of the good tone is there at lower PPIMV settings even when the power tubes, PT and OT are not cooking.

I've ordered some parts for the PPIMV mod from www.amplifiedparts.com in December... it's still shipping. 😑
You’ve made the right call. These amps sound SO GOOD with the PPIV. Most of the mojo people have attributed to power tubes cooking is really just that phase inverter crunching up. It’s magic, especially with a LP.

New Club Member here! I picked up a DSL 100H last week and got a 1922 212 cab last weekend. This thing is awesome!! Just learning the amp right now, but so far Crunch channel for AC/DC, Black Crows, etc, tones galore and I've got a pretty good early Van Halen tone on Lead 1 & 2.

Sounds great and loud as hell too:chef

New Profile pic is from my TOOOOOBBBBBSSSSS

WOW. That seems surprisingly low.
It's always easier to look the part with t-shirts, Bluetooth speakers, backpacks, than actually play guitar. Plus I would think the profit margin on said non-amp products is a lot higher.

It's, IMO, a necessary evil to keep manufacturing the amps for us. Marshall t-shirts are not going to be in high demand if they quit making amps.

Inspired by the Power Station.

1987x -> Fractal X-Load -> Volume Box -> JCM800 FX Return -> 4x12
It works and sound glorious!

Consumes 170W at idle and 300W when playing, only the Plexi cranked.
60-65dB(A) SPL conversation level in the room.

WORTH IT!

20240229_111744.jpg

20240229_111825.jpg

Solid state represent :annoying

Kind of like the 8200 here, character suits this song a bit better. 8100 (or 8080) is for sure the more aggressive circuit. They absolutely belong in the discussion of highest gain Marshall amps, they were good enough for the likes of Meshuggah/In Flames/Prong/Death/Fear Factory/Static X/Rob Zombie

The only real Marshall I've ever owned was the Valvestate VS265 combo. Around '95, '96. Mainly used as a clean platform only.
:sofa

edit: it was probably the S80, 8280 model Valvestate, now that I've done some research. That was a long time ago.

Last edited:
Back