Jake E Lee Mini (New?)

Thats Good Patrick Stewart GIF

I can’t remember if we talked about it here or I’m remembering a ToneTalk episode. I’d like to give one of these a shot, didn’t really see a lot of the Lee heads in the wild once they started making them, which is surprising. Stevens and Cantrell’s aplenty, though!

I've been scoping this for weeks. I don't need it one bit, but you know how it goes. :rofl

KSR Ares
I was not a fan of the KSR amp I had, very dark sounding and nothing too exciting for me

But in general people seem to really enjoy them! Didn't mean to be a wet blanket 😬

Last edited:
I don't get this pricing at all. 2k for a 20W amp, who will buy this when you can get a 20W Marshall for 850? Hell, you can even get a 100W JCM800 brand new for the same money as this. I just don't get it. Incredibly overpriced. I mean, sales numbers show this even. Top 5 sold amps, 4 of them is Marshall. First Friedman is the JJ Jr 20W at 69th place. That too costs 2k.

I don't get this pricing at all. 2k for a 20W amp, who will buy this when you can get a 20W Marshall for 850? Hell, you can even get a 100W JCM800 brand new for the same money as this. I just don't get it. Incredibly overpriced. I mean, sales numbers show this even. Top 5 sold amps, 4 of them is Marshall. First Friedman is the JJ Jr 20W at 69th place. That too costs 2k.
$850 new? The only ones I would consider from Marshall to be what I would even think to compare to that amp sound quality wise are these and they are right in there with the JEL.

Last edited:
Unfortunately in the US a JCM 800 is about $3000 plus

About $4000 after taxes

The KSR can use 6l6, el34, kt77, 6550, kt66 and I think kt88 power tubes.

With the right setup it's a fun amp. It can be tricky to get it right but once you do it has a glassy high end gain. Did I mention it's tough to get there?

I have the JEL100 also, can't imagine the amp with El84s.

Last edited:
Back