NAD (again) 2525H Mini Jubilee - Baby's First Marshall

hemmelight

Roadie
Hola to the denizens of this fine page,

I have decided to bite the bullet and Finally Buy a Marshall (TM).

The Pink Taco V2 I got a few months ago is an awesome amp, but ultimately it was still too aggressive for my taste. I only used the lowest-gain setting on the S switch anyway. There was also something in the high end that bugged my ears that I couldn’t really dial out and the low end was a little boomy.

Out of curiosity I went to a local shop that had the Mini Silver Jubilee and it was pretty much exactly what I’m looking for! The Studio 800 was cool, but it kinda had one sweet spot - the Jube does the thing with more flexibility and is indeed a bit smoother sounding in comparison. People complain about the controls being fiddly, but it wasn’t a problem at all for me. If anything, I appreciate that the EQ actually works on this amp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They only had the combo in stock so I took that home for the weekend. Very cool! Running it through my Barefaced cab sounds pretty aces. The combo isn’t bad by any means, but my cab sounds bigger and the amp seemed to ‘breath’ a bit more - so I took it back and asked for the head to be ordered in exchange. The store was cool about it, so bonus points there. :beer
I’d rather have a head anyway, and I saved some money as well. Now I’m waiting a week or so for the head to ship to my local store so I can pick it up.

I feel good about having the big bottle EL34s in this amp, and it doesn’t get alarmingly hot like the Pink Taco did (which has already been sold).
Also of note, the Taco did sound great at low volumes - but the Master was super touchy. The Marshall sounds equally good at the same volumes, but the volume controls have a much more gradual taper that is way friendlier to use!

Last edited:
Can confirm - I've heard both of @hemmelight's amps and I also preferred the Mini Jubilee.

The PT v2 is certainly an impressive and indeed exciting sounding amp, but I still preferred the versatility and slightly smoother less agressive classic rock sound of the Jube.

To my ears, the Jubilee sounded more "musical". That's a subjective personal taste thing for sure, but I couldn't stop thinking it.

Last edited:
I should say that the Friedman was really impressive from a build quality perspective.
All the parts were solid and high quality, and the transformers were comically large for the small head. It also smelled amazing. Like warm vanilla. :guiness

I’ll miss the smell most of all.

I can send you a candle or two.

All Souls Day Candle GIF by MOODMAN

I know that the PTv2 has no negative feedback so a presence knob is impossible, but I think presence and depth controls would have solved these little issues for me on that amp. If it had those additions I probably would have kept it. I'm sure Dave is likely sick of hearing that by now.

:idk

It's here! Only took two days to get over to my local shop - I'd imagine the estimate of "at least a week" is mostly a buffer to set expectations.
Sounds great, everything seems to be in order. Definitely much lighter and easier to carry compared to the combo.

The head is wider than my cab by a little bit, but the feet line up well. Any bigger and it would look real dumb. It's certainly better than a full size 50-watter would look straddling my cab like a little donkey. :wat

If I can find a spot to set up a recorder that doesn't sound like ass then I may do a little clip, but y'all know what these sound like anyway. :grin

Attachments

• minijubilee.jpg
    minijubilee.jpg
    987.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I just realized that this amp purchase I’ve been debating is going to happen on the spot as an impulse. I keep venturing away from these 20 watt Marshalls but every time I see one I automatically want all 3. I know if I see one in a store for a good price before I’ve debated everything to death, I’m going to end up with one.

And who cares if we know what they sound like, we want clips, Hemme!!!!!

I just realized that this amp purchase I’ve been debating is going to happen on the spot as an impulse. I keep venturing away from these 20 watt Marshalls but every time I see one I automatically want all 3.

You should seriously look at the Jube. It's great!

@HotRats Got one a couple of months ago too (did you see that?) :

Starting to be a contender for the Badlander (official amp of TGF) cage fight :rofl

Congrats on your new toy! What speaker you paired with?
Thanks! :beer

Currently got a G12M-65 Creamback in there (16 ohm), which is a great pairing.

The combo I tested had a 12-inch 25-watt Greenback (also 16 ohm) and I really dug it.
I like aspects of both the Greenback and Creamback, so I may end up ordering a Green eventually.

The Cream sounds slightly more "open" with maybe a tad less mids compared to the Green, but the Green really emphasizes the "marshallness" of the amp. :satan The Green felt slightly warmer and maybe a little more compressed? But it was really subtle.

edit: Just realised that now my amp, cab and speaker are all made in Britain!

meow_uk.png

Last edited:
Back