3rd Power x Joe Satriani Amplifier news

There's a Dirty Sink head on Reverb for $1800 right now.

:sofa

(Every other listing is $3K+. Mesa TA-30 flashbacks happening...)

I kept my TA-30 over the Dream Solo 3.... because it was more versatile and I felt
like the options/tones on the Mesa were a bit ahead of the 3rd Power at the time.
I had both in house, so could compare side-by-side.

That said, Vox tones are not my go to. So WTF do I know. :idk

"On this tour, its not only going after Van Halen's discography, but also Satch's, Hagar's solo stuff, and Chickenfoot. Joe has to have an amplifier flexible enough to span all of those lines and still sound like himself while paying homage to the VH stuff."

I dunno man, good luck with that. Sounds a bit like a Unicorn/Unobtanium, to me, but if you do it, awesome for everybody.

Chickenfoot? :oops:
Jason Bateman No GIF by Emmys

For a while I was envisioning the JVM 410JS Channels 1-3 with the 5150 to round out Channel 4. :satan

Chickenfoot has thrown a wrench in things. :ROFLMAO:

"On this tour, its not only going after Van Halen's discography, but also Satch's, Hagar's solo stuff, and Chickenfoot. Joe has to have an amplifier flexible enough to span all of those lines and still sound like himself while paying homage to the VH stuff."

I dunno man, good luck with that. Sounds a bit like a Unicorn/Unobtanium, to me, but if you do it, awesome for everybody
it is a tall order for sure. I truly think its something special. I've been a touring guitarist for a while & I can say, the prototype We've been testing is simply put- the best thing I've played- and I tour a Dirty Sink 6VEL and will be switching to this amp when I can

it is a tall order for sure. I truly think its something special. I've been a touring guitarist for a while & I can say, the prototype We've been testing is simply put- the best thing I've played- and I tour a Dirty Sink 6VEL and will be switching to this amp when I can

Obviously things are still in the works, but any info you can give on it yet? I’d assume form the era it’s based on it’d be a single channel, but the Satch aspect changes that a bit and I have no clue why, but for some reason I have a hunch he’d want at least 2 channels.

Obviously things are still in the works, but any info you can give on it yet? I’d assume form the era it’s based on it’d be a single channel, but the Satch aspect changes that a bit and I have no clue why, but for some reason I have a hunch he’d want at least 2 channels.
Dylana has requested that I don't divulge our methodology/topology until the time is right. But I will assure you, that This forum will be the first place I go with info when I can divulge :)

@jonhurleyguitar

Question about the gutshot I posted - and it applies to a lot of innards you see:

Is their a rhyme or reason why certain wire pairs/bundles are twisted while others are not?
I'm going to guess that the twisted ones are sub assembled ahead of time while everything else is routed during final assembly?

Or is there some kind of voodoo science behind it all?

FYI: you could fib and make up one hell of a tale and nobody here would know..... ;)

@jonhurleyguitar

Question about the gutshot I posted - and it applies to a lot of innards you see:

Is their a rhyme or reason why certain wire pairs/bundles are twisted while others are not?
I'm going to guess that the twisted ones are sub assembled ahead of time while everything else is routed during final assembly?

Or is there some kind of voodoo science behind it all?

FYI: you could fib and make up one hell of a tale and nobody here would know..... ;)
That's done to cancel AC hum/noise.

Done in attempt to reduce the apparent field around current-carrying wire(s).

:cop

@jonhurleyguitar

The most important question: What is the best Vain album?

Next important question: Do you use any of the tri-magnet pickups? Did you hear a huge difference in the balance of your tone?

I use magfrags in all my bridge positions of my andersons. They do provide a massive bump in the harmonic balance and string-to-string balance over traditional humbuckers. I'm a huge believer in them.

The best VAIN album is the new one coming out soon :) i also love playing "who's Watching you". That solo is monsterous!
DC Heaters on the preamp tubes ?

:unsure:
Ac heaters. But done super nicely and tight

I use magfrags in all my bridge positions of my andersons. They do provide a massive bump in the harmonic balance and string-to-string balance over traditional humbuckers. I'm a huge believer in them.

The best VAIN album is the new one coming out soon :) i also love playing "who's Watching you". That solo is monsterous!

Ac heaters. But done super nicely and tight

Paul Northfield just puts No Respect over the top for me. What a collaborator for a rookie band! The spirit and heart on No Respect is unrivaled. The mood, energy, everything. But then you have songs like Planet's Turning on All Those Strangers, and that makes it tougher. So many great songs on that album, and it's a crime it didn't see the light of day for the longest time. Anyway, you're not here to talk about Vain, but damn it, they need to be talked about!

Back