Fun weekend of amp testing

I think I'm more inclined to go the Iridium, but yeah it's amazing indeed!

Iridium for me is a one trick pony whose trick I love :satan

I've been thinking about getting an Iridium. I did like the crunch tones of the Mercury better but I'm not really a Marshall tone guy. I definitely liked the Iridium's high gain tones better.

What about the cleans? Is either one a decent amp for clean Jazz?

I've been thinking about getting an Iridium. I did like the crunch tones of the Mercury better but I'm not really a Marshall tone guy. I definitely liked the Iridium's high gain tones better.

What about the cleans? Is either one a decent amp for clean Jazz?
Maybe I’m alone here but I don’t think the Fender Deluxe model on the Iridium would be my first choice for clean jazz.

But then again, I’m not a jazz player. I would go for a Boss solution that offers a JC-120 model personally.

I would go for a Boss solution that offers a JC-120 model personally.

I'm not a big fan of the JC-120 models or the actual JC-120 amp.

The clean channel on the Iridium wouldn't be my first choice either but the question is whether or not it's decent enough to use or does it sound like poo.

I'm looking for a portable solution for weekend practice when staying with friends and a possible backup for gigs. For years I used a Cube 60 as a backup and even gigged with it once but while serviceable I was never in love with its tone. I was hoping the Iridium could do both clean and high gain. I like to rock out after practicing clean Jazz.

Back