I'm Just Curious..., How Many Here Own a Fractal, and Who Doesn't?

Which one(s) do you own?

• Total voters
Funny all of this pops up. I was questioning the numbers I was seeing, but then realized that you can vote multiple times. As a result, one "owner" could have checked the box for more than one unit. If you do the math and take the total number of "No" respondents, and divide that by total number of respondents, that is the number you are seeing for the "No" crowd. But that also allows higher numbers for the other categories as some have voted twice. The way the math should be done on this, IMO, is if someone checks the box on more than one choice, then it should only assign a percentage of that vote to the selections made. So if someone check two boxes, then each check gives only 0.5 votes to each selection. If they check 3 boxes, then it would only assign .33 votes to each selection in that users choices.

You will notice that if you add up the %, you will get more than 100%, which is just bad stats IMO! This is the fault of the way this system calculates this stuff and not the fault of the OP. Here is the data I put together on Dec 02 regarding this, but had not found the time to post and was questioning whether I even would do so, but considering the new discussion on the topic, here it be (note: these numbers were calculated when there was 166 voters counted on Dec 2, 2023):

FXIII 29.5%
FM9 24.7%
FM3 19.9%
Legacy 9.6%

Total voters

29.5+24.7+19.9+9.6=83.7% (% of fractal users - skewed data because of being able to vote for multiple items)

83.7+39.2=122.9% (total % of all votes, because it is not calculated properly IMO, could also be skewed for reasons similar to above)

65/204=0.3186274509803922 (number of "No" responses divided by the total checked boxes)

139/204=0.6813725490196078 (number of "Fractal" checked boxes divided by the total checked boxes)

NOTE: Even after all this math, we could still have some discrepancies because someone could vote for all choices, including "No", claiming that they own all in the Fractal categories and also "No", but I have not reviewed the respondents to detail whether anybody had done as such.
The only way to tease out accurate percentages, would be to also factor in the usernames.

Where's @Stone with the spreadsheets?

NOTE: Even after all this math, we could still have some discrepancies because someone could vote for all choices, including "No", claiming that they own all in the Fractal categories and also "No", but I have not reviewed the respondents to detail whether anybody had done as such.
I can tell you that at the time of writing this, only @metropolis_4 is currently both a Fractal owner and someone who doesn't currently own a Fractal! ;)

Kinda like the cage Mesa was forced to put around the power tubes some years back-European nanny laws.

There's cages around the power tubes in Fender amps here in Canada too. I thought all the reissues were like that across the globe?

I removed the cage from my Princeton Reverb. It was heavy enough already! :LOL:

The only way to tease out accurate percentages, would be to also factor in the usernames.

Where's @Stone with the spreadsheets?
I was going to put the stuff in a spreadsheet and then compare the lists, but the list is not comma or other delimited so I did not want to take the time to sort it!

It's properly accounting for unique voters, I think:

59C6FA0F-D7E8-4D4E-8558-01AAB05D9BED.jpeg

Because 50 + 43 + 34 + 17 + 66 == 210 not 171.

I was going to put the stuff in a spreadsheet and then compare the lists, but the list is not comma or other delimited so I did not want to take the time to sort it!
If you cut and paste the user lists into Excel, the usernames are pasted into individual rows - I know, because I've already done it.

Sort and remove duplicates, and you are there!

If you cut and paste the user lists into Excel, the usernames are pasted into individual rows - I know, because I've already done it.

Did not even try as I saw no delimiter other than space, and some users have spaces in names. Glad it pasted well in your scenario! I have not run Excel in many years, usually using Google Sheet these days which may have behaved the same.

Sure it is. I just copied and pasted it into a ss, and it put each name into a separate cell.

Did not even try as I saw not delimiter other than space, and some users have spaces in names. Glad it pasted well in your scenario! I have not run Excel in many years, usually using Google Sheet these days which may have behaved the same.

This is the shit you guys do for fun?

Last edited:
I'm going to laugh my ass off when I come back later tonight and see there's now a post-by-post tally in this thread with a live Google document being updated.

Back