I'm Embarrassed to Admit

Axe

Roadie
I have never played thru a "FRFR" .. :facepalm I have no less than 6 modelers at present. I have them all patched thru a rack mixer and eventually to two pair of active (Mackie & KRK) 5" monitors. I use them primarily for recording.. I find myself wanting to drop a "FRFR" in the right side rack cab in the pic below and a 12" passive speaker cab in the left side for my tube amps. Or am I wasting time and money on the "FRFR"?

ABLVV87AJTy__MDAVv7rHTyXwhHuC2TYMpvgldFGU5iY9jOa8B3Xt-lm5kiAhhiLwPSJVhZGKuXYJ6cysIW63AyDeTr3LI9u6yzkNQlmUbJ71KbvHQ8-SMD4lVqpYQ9-f9TaH7ASRTjhPE6OjsKxD0T3w1h0Aakb7wgRoCJZn_9Ze6wZIGrtAd-6mYlKYkHNrcyMk4BG26XvcjudpkHeteIrpSEdbhiKDmyCyZBkCqFHVx3AqBwhbDtkP6dYEm70VkhAdWdh4etdGQz5xijk-VcsDICrWiuZZjMXWyabMik2VhYlRDFpSGH90zLF4ltCPA6m59sSqj2-UE2rWVTmileMdW0hBh4U50mxgO0l97w5oylpdFFF617CTQ9PTXgvzeShDjcxd4NEtqr0drf4Mbp5h4a6gUWRybILzP3ESuchcFEBvt-VUVce8sVT3_K1LqYU-Hzy59ssSbGbUhPYMgcj31DbehmqC_cAXF6mDV8dPguNKIgDPhkCfX2I5JVHzXkEWsYC9ffa_wsFRRPeLaDKf5cZK0qKrLeaqs_pojJ0ozlGMt7q4eky7OMgodKmhPdclt5Cs1TwbRQlToYdDPv8TurexEk-VAbAGjChrY7kITitcPhrpb7IdHiZorXeCmuJTSHpiB4dOyhNUlAq921HN4lMaj97U63BBIQRuR4FgYIHSnEKRxHBSK8EJdtwSLBZwsMTgWs0COYMO-lpbznlx694AvF60KizeAGznnMpUhiS_SkkcdpwUhoD-k8SgladUVUY_wNjSb7U307uVTih5gjbF9WcHklfq_nqBBZqJIVdSiqZtNkEgBQ-zawB7jOC2oXfHQc9R3wa6o0DH7SJELJ0GbzckHR1t_9ETFcLEghONKBQXHBlW_-QD0b8HXqP7s4oLmYW456GCFMsxgP4nhVEc07ZZ8_0AvIuLaucOosdU3eT2yrERL22amPy=w1085-h814-s-no

I have never played thru a "FRFR" .. :facepalm I have no less than 6 modelers at present. I have them all patched thru a rack mixer and eventually to two pair of active (Mackie & KRK) 5" monitors.
Reference monitors are a textbook example of "Full Range Flat Response" devices. Most of them come a lot closer to that ideal than do either the typical floor wedge or products being sold as ""FRFR"."

If your monitors get loud enough and have enough bass, an ""FRFR"" won't be of much help to you. If you need more bass or a little more volume, monitors with larger woofers will get you there. If you really need rehearsal and/or gig volume levels, you will then need a larger, more powerful speaker.

Yeah no need for an "FRFR" monitor - use that space for a few more lunchbox amps instead :D Mini recto and Mark V 25 should round out the collection.

Yeah no need for an "FRFR" monitor - use that space for a few more lunchbox amps instead :D Mini recto and Mark V 25 should round out the collection.
I like how you think ;) I'm trying to keep the right side of the desk and 20 space rack cabs digital and the left side analog.. Having a tough time find a 12" speaker cab under 19" as well.. Actually I had a Mark V25 and sold it :bonk

Damn dude, that is a lot of rack space!

I have a 1x12 with a Celestion F-150M under my desk and I'm rebuilding a 1x8 Champ cab with an FR speaker for bass. both sound killer and are more fun to play through than monitors. The risk is that you are losing a little accuracy of what you would hear on the recorded mix.

Back