Helix 3.8 when?

Since when is Audacity doing MIDI?
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Since when is Audacity doing MIDI?
Since when did any of the other DAWs have anything resembling routing?

But seriously,

Ok, then what about Ardour? Ardour came out BEFORE REAPER, has WAY better MIDI than REAPER, much better efficiency and stability than pretty much any DAW aside from REAPER, ticks all the DAW boxes, and yet aside from its licensed form of Harrison Mixbus, hasn't been discussed much

I took issue with a claim someone made but can't back up and it turns into all this

• Angry
Reactions: I S

But seriously,

Ok, then what about Ardour? Ardour came out BEFORE REAPER, has WAY better MIDI than REAPER, much better efficiency and stability than pretty much any DAW aside from REAPER, ticks all the DAW boxes, and yet aside from its licensed form of Harrison Mixbus, hasn't been discussed much

I took issue with a claim someone made but can't back up and it turns into all this
It turned into this because you guys want to bicker about how popular Reaper is. Now I’m usually I’m all for the twists and turns, but this is boring.

Do you have any evidence of that?

Its early popularity was because it was the (un)official DAW of the AARP. People wanted a solution no matter how much it cost and none of the developers were giving it to them. Look at all the OG reaper videos and pics of people running it on PT hardware. It wasn't the money, it was the features and the fact that the developers were actually listening to the end users for once. Its still far and away the most efficient DAW by miles and thus still used by DAWBench for their testing.

Do you have any evidence of that? I see the claim all the time but funny how the actually free DAWs do not enjoy the same sort of thing. Why is that?

At the time reaper took off? Audacity, ardour( reaper never would have been made if ardour could meet the wish list of the Crossfade community, it was very strongly followed and alpha’d by who would make up the early reaper community), Traktion, I think bitwig is as free at the time or today, Sonar.

Except someone like me who had access to the sales records early on of course.

Of course that’s not true.
However, the corollary, the other daws cannot be customised for added functionality even if you wanted to.

Yes. The people who bought it. Especially when you are talking about the largest video game companies and biggest broadcast companies in the world.

So again, why isn't Audacity the free DAW you guys are discussing, it meets all the claims and is as shitty at routing as cubendo and studio one?

And yet, nearly nobody had ever heard of Traktion until very recently, even though it was created before reaper. You are putting the evidence in my pile for me

But seriously,

Yeah, ya did. Please. I beg you. Knock it off with Reaper shit.

Back