Helix 3.8 when?

well we know a few things, about 3.8
the modelling engine will be updated
there are more than 2 amp models, as per Di's prior comments that a couple of em have been requested for a long time

It is? Where did you see that? That's not something DI usually lets slip early.
The current Helix Core modeling engine is from November 2022. It was further improved in November 2023. There will be further tweaks to the underlying engine this fall. Anyone implying Helix's engine is from 2015 hasn't been paying attention.

I hope the new amps are a bunch of crate and PV bandits. Would be such an epic troll.

Actually one thing that I just thought of that I would love to see is a model of the old Rockman headphone deals with the distortion and chorus.

Silver Jub maybe????
yep . based on the recent success of the Jcm 2203 , I think so
And the fact that they have the guy who designed the 5153 employed I will be shocked if that is not one of them

the only other I can think of , and maybe wishful thinking is a Bogner XTC 101b, but I have asked DI a few times and he has not said "no" like he has on some others

They just had Justin from REAPER on the new DAWBench podcast and I immediately tried to understand the sense in companies like Line 6 having closed betas. I could see that you don't want to get scooped maybe, but it seems like Helix is so far ahead of the game that couldn't be it. No way the auto engage bugs would have made it thru an open beta for instance.

Am I doing the wah wrong? The wah on the katana seems to have way way way more of an effect than the ones in the helix. Clean amps, dirty amps, shred amps, seems to be across the board

Yeah. I tried some Jason Sadites tricks like having the controller also up the volume on the lower end, so I like that part but it just doesn't get as screamy cry baby resonant as the boss stuff for me

Fwiw, not a big fan of the HX wahs, either. But I got along with them, though.
The wah I currently use and pretty much love (even if its output volume is a tad too high) is a Hotone Soulpress II. And I can't stand any of my Cry Babies (plain and 535) anymore due to their tiny pedal travel range.

How so? IMO, consistent updates are the shit and, also IMO, Helix or any of the other flagship product wouldn't be at/near top without them.

I'd rather see entirely different things being updated than having yet some more amp models. Because they're boring whereas other things are quite exciting.

I'd rather see entirely different things being updated than having yet some more amp models. Because they're boring whereas other things are quite exciting.
Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Back