EVH vs captures (Tonex, QC, Headrush)

If you’re using a device at the top of the food chain for captures, in a mix, they all kickass. It’s virtually indistinguishable in any meaningful sense.
Yeah, I was thinking similar thoughts when listening and have had similar thoughts messing w/ Tonocracy, ToneX and the QC.

For a direct mic tone, I am convinced no one would be able to pick the captures out as 'non-tube amp' in origin. They may not completely null to zero with the reference but without the reference being clearly marked; I'm convinced that the captured signals are within 'specimen variation' and/or rig/environment variables differences (barometric pressure, it affects my toanz). If that were a blind test, I would definitely not be able to say which of the three among the reference, the QC, and ToneX was the 'real' one. For direct tones, digital has crossed the Rubicon for me.

I also always close eyes during Jon's comparison stuff because we are way too biased without it.

Those are the best ones to post at the other place, nothing like a good blind test thread to confirm that the people you thought were completely full of shit actually are, in fact, completely full of shit.

yesssssssssssssss. @GuitarJon , you should totally do a blind shootout, if just to see the connoisseurs get it completely wrong every single time :LOL:

Last edited:
Manchester United Cooking GIF

I don't want to make a separate thread for this so I'll just drop it here:

That Kraken model sounds sick!

lol...why did you even sell it i always wondered? I mean you dont need the $$ and have more gear then most so why not just keep it around. will you sell the tmp?

lol...why did you even sell it i always wondered? I mean you dont need the $$ and have more gear then most so why not just keep it around. will you sell the tmp?

I'm probably the least rich person you know. Don't have a driver's license, no car, I don't often go out drinking with friends etc etc. I just have different priorities! And no savings basically...

I'm probably the least rich person you know. Don't have a driver's license, no car, I don't often go out drinking with friends etc etc. I just have different priorities! And no savings basically...
wife ...kids? I am guessing not cause if you did that may change..lol

Back