Does the Helix PV Vitriol scratch that EVH 5150III itch?

Does the PV Vitriol do the EVH 5150III thing?

• Yes, I'm good with the Vitriol.

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Yes, but I still want a model of an actual EVH 5150III.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • No, if I don't get a model of a EVH 5150III I'm going to throw my toys of my pram!

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Hell no! The Vitriol sounds like raw ass crossed with a box of bees!

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No idea, because I've never used a real EVH 5150III.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Genuinely don't care.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Foxmeister

Roadie
- Vitriol Crunch doesn't do the weird broken farty thing any more. Sounds WAY BETTER, a little surprised people dont talk about this amp as its as much the 5150 sound as the Red channel is. Cool high gain amp to jam on, lots of tonal versatility while still being simple to dial in. This is like a new amp model to me in 3.7 because it was totally buggered before.
I'm not a high-gain player, but I've been thinking about amps that are perhaps "missing" from the Helix, and this post from @MirrorProfiles prompted me to ask the question - does the PV Vitriol do the EVH 5150III thing?

I haven’t directly compared, but I’m inclined to say no. It does scratch the Peavey 5150/6505 Green channel itch though but I think the EVH amps have their own distinct thing.

Maybe I should try side by side a little. Mercuriall 6160, NDSP Gojira, STL, Fractal and god knows how many ToneX/NAM models cover that sound though.

certified 5150 slut checking in.

i think its great the way it is with what is currently there, you can cop all the sounds you want/need. but that being said i wouldn't kick one out of bed if it free in the next update hahahaha

Doesn't quite scratch that itch, but I gave up hope of Line 6 adding a 5153 when the Invective - which sounds very good, BTW - made the cut. It would seem almost farcical at this point to me for them to have three 5150 variants, but only one lonely Recto channel or just one Mesa Mark series amp.

Honestly, I'm digging the Badonk and newly released Oblivion more than most real-world high-gain amp sims anyway. Line 6 is free to move onto something more unique like a KSR Ares, Mezzabarba Trinity, Omega Obsidian or Bad Cat Lynx.

what is the whole timeline of the 5150? How did fender aquire it? just curious

Haven't tried it. But no.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor

he's not wrong tho . . .

Back