Helix 3.8 when?

I think the only thing left for me to ask Helix for is a Sansamp Original/GT2/PSA-1 emulation, but only because those are about the only tones this box isn't able to deliver right now.

I'll take as many updates as L6 are willing to give us, but Helix has matured to the point where it can do basically anything. It's remarkable.
Oh interesting point. The Sansamp would be cool, especially since the bass Sansamp is modeled.

As far as new models...

The Sansamp would be cool!

And also a standalone power amp or three (I think model them after some famous standalone power amps, like the Simul-Class 2, rather than having to do power amp versions of every amp like they did with the preamp), as well as a few preamp-exclusive preamps to go with them like an A/DA MP-1 or something like a Rockman XPR (speaking of which, a Rockman X100 would be fun too, but people have already gotten close enough to that with IRs). It would be really fun to recreate some cool 80s / 90s rack rigs this way. Probably very niche though.

Also, a Boss BF-2.

And, less important, a Boss CE-2 (or just add an optional Depth control to the CE-1?). It would be neat to get an updated Dimension chorus too, but the Legacy one is not bad.

That said, I love everything 3.7 added :)

Not trying to restart the sliders versus knobs debate. I would love it if the editor had a little more height for the individual sliders or maybe a very lightly highlighted path for each slider. If you have two or more sliders well to the left and want to see what the change sounds like raising one of them by say 50% or more its like flipping a coin as to whether you click in the correct lane or not without visual aid of the pathway being marked.

And if there was a way to keep my trackpad from sliding a slider when I'm simply trying to scroll the whole window that would be a really good thing.

Not trying to restart the sliders versus knobs debate
Just Do It Shia GIF by MOODMAN

Helix is effectively complete for me with the 2203. The one thing I’d love to see is the presence pull on the Mark IV to complete things for me - but I wouldn’t fault L6 in any way if the gravy train ended with 3.7 - Helix represents an incredible value and I’d feel like weird asking for more at this point.
This kind of positive attitude is precisely the sort of thing that could cost us the next update. Can't let Helix fall short of its ultimate potential - after all, as of now its lifespan is only twice as long as could be reasonably expected from any tech gadget.
We already know that excessive and persistent b*tching gets marvelous things done, as recently demonstrated by @James Freeman .
On it, boys! :D

I don't quite know how to describe it... but essentially I'd like a Digital Delay model that can get 16-20 echoes when set to 50%. I don't really like the digital delays in the Helix very much.

I actually can't think of anything to ask for, the 2203, Voltage and Dripman will basically replace everything in my patches, they're the archetypes I always wanted. Granted I was entirely happy with the Plexi Jump, but none of the Bassman derivatives quite hit the Bassman 50 / Blonde character in the way I hoped. The Dripman delivers entirely.

I don't quite know how to describe it... but essentially I'd like a Digital Delay model that can get 16-20 echoes when set to 50%. I don't really like the digital delays in the Helix very much.

Regarding delays, I'd have two wishes:

1) I want an option to have an envelope shaper for the input signal. I stumbled over that accidentally when fooling around with Logic's Enveloper placed before a delay on a bus. Keeps all the sharp attacks away from the delays and makes them *much* less offensive. Could post an audio example.

2) I would like to shape the individual taps' levels and also shape a feedback/decay curve. With that, you could, say, have a delay with just 4 loud repeats. Or just imagine a delay with the first repeats being lower in volume and then increasing. Needless to say, modulators would help a lot with that.

-----

And in general, I want U-Hes MFM2 in whatever modeling hardware. The first company to adapt it has one safe sale.

Am I misremembering or did DI say there was something good (I can't remember exactly how he hinted at it) coming our way but first there was a thing (turns out it was HX One) to come out before the 3.7...then the 3.7 update would come out....then the 'something good'.

Back