Helix 3.7: The Freeman Update

I have no idea what this could be
Britney Spears What GIF
Me neither… damn it, this is a 3.7 thread about updates… and it isn’t amp, cab or effects related… I swear it’s something we know!!!! Think you fools!!!

Dear Line 6, can we have 2203, 2204, 800 that has the stock KERRANG please?
Ok, so I spent about an hour last night trying to dial in a tone with some of that Marshall “kerrang” and failed miserably. Anyone have any presets or tips they’d like to share?

Something like the “wave” thing that Boss has?
Pedal wave or what it’s called. Can be a fun thing for the Stomp people, Wah and ramping parameters automatically…

No?

Nah… that’s not it

When they see it: "This is so stupid. What's DI smoking? Who would ever want this?"
Weeks later when they dig in and use it: "Holy hell, this could change everything."

Ah yes, one of them extra funky DI features.
Does it still needs a guitar to do things? :p

The 800 in my NUX Amp Academy is compressing way too much.
The NUX Amp Academy uses their MG30 (newer and "better") modeling engine.. but supposedly the older MG300 was more pleasing to many folks allegedly. Long story short the models on mg300 are different from mg30/amp academy.

At this very moment, that's a feature I'd applaud more than pretty much anything else.
Ideally, the onboard knobs could work the same way MIDI CCs do, allowing you to tweak multiple parameters at once. Would just love that.
In fact I think I saw your name as a submitter of a similar idea from YEARS ago on ideascale

Something like the “wave” thing that Boss has?
Pedal wave or what it’s called. Can be a fun thing for the Stomp people, Wah and ramping parameters automatically…

No?

Nah… that’s not it
Oh internally automated expression ramping/expression assignment and LFOs would be awesome... A feature folks have apparently been asking for for ages.. I have a OBNE Expression Tamper in my cart right now.. but I am going to control myself for a year.

Ok, so I spent about an hour last night trying to dial in a tone with some of that Marshall “kerrang” and failed miserably. Anyone have any presets or tips they’d like to share?
To my ears this gets me to the ballpark of having something like that: a rat with lower gain and filter quite open going into a Plexi Brt Trem with drive at around 20%ish.. low master volume.. EQ to taste.. And having an EQ right before the cabs to compensate for the low drive + master.. going into some Marshall classic greenbacks or similar cabs.. with an ambience in the end if on headphones...

Pulling all this from memory. So take it with a grain of salt

Back