Helix 3.7: The Freeman Update

You can't have it both ways. Complain that nothing ever gets updated or complain that the 147 presets you have that could be boiled down to 4 if you do update fw. Pick your poison and live with it.

Uh huh…

Hence what I was saying about the L6 vs fractal approach. Choose one, you can’t have both, my preference is the L6 one. I was responding to someone who was saying the L6 approach is dumb they should just do it like fractal. It isn’t dumb and a lot of people would be pissed if they started doing things like fractal after establishing a line where they don’t break your presets for years.

And I’m not complaining that nothing gets updated on the original models. I find the early models still very useful. I don’t think the new ones are light years ahead of the earlier ones. I accept them for what they are and use them where appropriate.

And my 147 presets don’t boil down to 4. Since I can easily automate the changes I often do more than just turn stuff on and off. I’m fine with making a part darker, brighter, louder, quieter, tweaking a reverb or delay setting, etc for the part. It’s so easy to do, why not? That’s no longer true if it’s likely to break or need to be reprogrammed later.

I never could do this on the Fractal stuff, it was too time consuming to do it back then and it was likely to break. Didn’t do it on Helix for a while either, once I started there was no going back, it makes live stuff so much better with no tap dancing and all the parts just sitting perfectly where they’re supposed to with limited effort on my part. I hit one switch for major changes and everything else is on my hands and the guitar controls, can’t imagine doing it any other way now.

D

I feel like we’re 2-3 posts away from “I want my presets password protected”

My noodle soup already is, so there.
Suppe.jpg

Press footswitch during song… “Please check your phone for the six digit code we just texted you.” Drummer glares angrily with an extended fill while you fumble around in your pocket for phone. “Shit! Shit! 675309! Where do I enter it?! Phuck!!!” :rofl
Get Jenny to do it for you. I've heard she is very "dexterous"

:farley

I’ve also used a blend of V30 and GB for a long time. But lately… I can’t unhear the nasal mids of Mr. V30 as opposed to the sweetness of Ms. Greenback…
Alright then, my main IR is a mix of the Ownhammer V93 Brown 09, and the M25V Brown 09 mixed 2dB lower. I'll give the M25V a shot solo over the weekend and see if I become a believer!

Just to follow up on this. I bought the new Ownhammer Classic-Rock pack that's a 412 of greenbacks that are most likely Pulsonics, and there's no going back. Once you get used to Greenbacks, V30s really do start to sound thin and nasally after.

Back