Helix 3.7: The Freeman Update

The big question is if and if so, how many others end up beating us to the punch.

EDIT: Oh, you're talking about separate preamps/power amps. Never mind, I thought you were talking about some nebulous "many hours of fun" features, which yes, we're working on.

I have to ask, is it amp related?

So what feature can deliver many hours of fun and not be an amp, cab or effect model?
All available models fall into these three categories according to the manual.

Capturing is not a model...
Even if it's just a loader on the HX/Helix hardware it will start a real modeling war with a ton of drama and maybe lawsuits, although papa Yamaha can eat everyone alive I don't think Line 6 will want to rattle that cage.

Or do they...

Laugh Plotting GIF by Big Brother

So what feature can deliver many hours of fun and not be an amp, cab or effect model?

Even if it's just a loader on the HX/Helix hardware it will start a real modeling war with a ton of drama and maybe lawsuits, although papa Yamaha can eat everyone alive I don't think Line 6 will want to rattle that cage.

Or do they...

So it’s a combination of hard and soft then. The hard part being stuff that’s not helix being liquified (ooops… that’s taken already) and poured into a new block (soft stuff) and then being played with for “hours and hours”.

Or do they...

Maybe something that has applicability to all three? He said it wasn't amp, cab, or effect centric, but didn't say it had nothing to do with any of them.

But maybe they're adding a browser that connects to The Gear Forum where we obviously have hours of fun that we can soon use our Helix/HX devices for.

They're not amp, cab, or effects-centric, no.
Really hope there are some quality of life features in that case, that people have been requesting. Like signal metering for HX Stomp, Knob parameter mapping for play view mode for the HX Stomp, perhaps some more MIDI functionality like being able to select a block and have its parameters show up using a CC message, smart "breaking" of amp+cab/cab<->dual cab etc. I don't know about "hours of fun", but it would certainly prevent hours of pain! Love what you guys do.

I should add, HX Stomp is one of those rare pieces of gear that will forever stay relevant in any rig. Thanks not just to he tones, far from it, thanks to the workflow it enables. All of the QOL features that it brings to the table will always keep it relevant.

Wish 1: I would really like to have a User presets tab/folder in the Stomp. I know that means that someone has to figure out how to select between Factory and User on the Stomp itself.

May i propose an idea?
In preset view the Action button doesn't do anything, so that could take us into a selection menu.

Wish 2: I would like to "lock" a microphone and its setting, and have it fixed when selecting cabs.

Wish 3: I would like to change the amp in the A+C block without the cab reseting/changing.

Wish 4: Something has always been weird in the Ganymede when using long decay. There's something that ramps when the block is turned on/off, but it only happens sometimes. I will have to investigate how to replicate that though. Be back on that, but I guess it's not a high priority thing. Not even sure if anyone but me has found it. Never heard anyone mentioning it. We post-rock people are weird anyway... you may excuse me and I will show myself out.

Last edited:
Back