Helix 3.7: The Freeman Update

"not a model"... "can do really cool things with a guitar"... "could change everything"... :unsure:

Change everything.... literally or figuratively?

It's a completely new device, not Helix related.
Then it’s the wrong thread. Or the new device will start out with 3.7. Oh… not Helix related… then it’s the wrong thread…

DI
Should we even talk about this in this thread. Yay or nay?

When they see it: "This is so stupid. What's DI smoking? Who would ever want this?"
Weeks later when they dig in and use it: "Holy hell, this could change everything."

As much as I love to joke about it, I am excited for whatever it is.

When I first heard about snapshots being a “preset within a preset” I remember thinking “okay, but who cares, I’ll just make different presets” - not realizing how profoundly useful I would find snapshots now.

I have a theory too.
"dig in" and "change everything"...
IMG_20230505_223110.jpg

I was just spending an hour with the Line 6 2204 Mod amp going direct into my small peavey rage direct in as sold state power amp and cab.. and after spending a bit of time fiddling with the knobs and esp. the pre mid EQ and cutting it, some nice jcm800 tones came out. Nice amp model. Hours of fun! With a clean boosted Timmy or a Stupor OD in front, it was heaven. @James Freeman what do you rekon of the Line 6 2204 Mod amp model?

Last edited:
I was thinking more like guitar controlled envelope filter that can be assigned to any parameter.

This is also one of the most voted ideas on Ideascale since the dawn of time.

lfo.png

We can assign almost every parameter to the expression pedal via Control Center and we also already have a great envelope detection algorithm in the polyphonic pitch effects created by the Victoria team, so a guitar controlled envelope filter was only a matter of time.
Fingers crossed they implement good sensitivity, attack and release settings so it can be adjusted to any guitar.

This has a million uses, from basic stuff like dynamically controlled EQ, gain, compression, volume, amp settings, etc. to more advanced stuff like controlling multiple parallel model parameters to create alien sounds no one heard before.

Me? I'm a simple man, I like steak and potatoes.
marshall-jcm800-1.jpg

marshall-2555x-1.jpg

Back