Getting a tone and a groove.

Not for success.

What is success?

Let Me Think Reaction GIF by 60 Second Docs

Did you get rushed to A&E last night and are waiting for the doctors to remove the fleshlight?? Coz you're spoiling for a fight like a bored teenager playing Call of Duty whilst waiting for mum to call up the stairs that dinner is done.
The whole discussion seems like a lot of people with insecurity about their tone, theory or technique protesting too hard.

The whole discussion seems like a lot of people with insecurity about their tone, theory or technique protesting too hard.

That’s a wild assumption, brother lol

Put down the meth pipe… get some sleep, try again tomorrow

nasty gnarly when played out of context.

I'm beginning to suspect you're just on a massive wind-up. A huge proportion (possibly all) live tones for a band mix are bloody horrible when played away from the band or at home. A nice, full, fat, round tone at home suddenly sounds muddy, flubby and lost when in the rehearsal room with bandmates.

Whether or not a tone is good or bad is defined entirely by context. There's not some intrinsic or objective good/bad standard that you then have to deviate from in order to make something work musically.

Either that or you're Humpty Dumpty and have your own personal and highly fluid definitions of things. I'd genuinely (really, honestly, genuinely) be interested to hear what your definitions of 'groove' or 'good groove' and good/bad tone are, and how you reach the view that these are objective standards. Because so far you've made the claim, but then pushed all the work on to other people, Which means either you can't express these objective standards, or you're just bored and like getting post notifications.

You don't get to be the arbiter of good or bad tone or technique for the entire world. We all like different things and that's fine but telling people what they're allowed to like or not is frankly bullshit.

E.g. I detest the guitars in your avatar, that style of guitar with a Floyd IMO looks terrible, usually has a neck I don't like and Floyds are so ugly and such a faff to use that I've never spent a lot of time with them. What I'd never do, however, is tell someone else they're wrong for liking them or that they're shit guitars because guitars just like music and tone are subjective.

You don't get to be the arbiter of good or bad tone or technique for the entire world. We all like different things and that's fine but telling people what they're allowed to like or not is frankly bullshit.

E.g. I detest the guitars in your avatar, that style of guitar with a Floyd IMO looks terrible, usually has a neck I don't like and Floyds are so ugly and such a faff to use that I've never spent a lot of time with them. What I'd never do, however, is tell someone else they're wrong for liking them or that they're shit guitars because guitars just like music and tone are subjective.
I’ll play the 30+ that don’t have Floyd’s then🤣

This thread was objectively better when it was about the dude from marbin saying to play with feeling
That was the whole point until the “feel” players arrived. I thought people would say how they played with groove,feel,swing whatever you want to call it. Not pretend shit playing is just a matter of opinion like the truth. The thread has been high jacked by maga guitarists.🤣

Is Dani from Marbin objectively a more technically skilled guitarist then lets say, jimi hendrix or taylor swirft? could probably say yes

but that doesn't mean marbin produces objectively better music than either of those artists. That would be subjective

plenty of people find fusion unlistenable :idk

Is Dani from Marbin objectively a more technically skilled guitarist then lets say, jimi hendrix or taylor swirft? could probably say yes

but that doesn't mean marbin produces objectively better music than either of those artists. That would be subjective

plenty of people find fusion unlistenable :idk
I said that earlier.

The tone and groove of this thread went off the tracks.:rofl
Music is supposed to be fun, sometimes sad and emotional, but it doesn't have to be so damn serious now does it? Especially concepts that separate from just being in the joy (or pain) of the playing experience.

Back