Getting a tone and a groove.

Eagle

Shredder
Another great opener about this interesting subject.

There was talk some time ago about picking and to me it’s all about what works best with the instrument in you hands and amplification your using. You constantly micro adjust your technique to get the best. Or you certainly should. So many apparently good players can’t get a “tone” and don’t have a groove. Have you ever tried to explain what is missing and how to fix it?

IMG_1557.gif

I wonder if just because someone is "right" it doesn't make them interesting to everyone?? :idk

Seems like so much of the gear/playing/music experience on platforms like Youtube is about
personality, delivery, and whether or not that resonates with others. One thing is for sure. It
won't resonate with everyone no matter who you are, or what your content is.

Also, this a tough crowd with a lot of old/aging farts stuck in their ways---so the kinds of responses
ya get are the kinds of responses ya get.

I agree.... some people have a better feel than others for groove. Some never think of it and have
it, and others never think of it, and should be thinking of it, so maybe they can have it. :LOL:

Marbin shredded my fucking face off in the side room of a pizza place in Denver a couple years ago. 10/10 band

Homie is a killer player and pretty entertaining. I like the guy with the tiny saxophone too

I wonder if just because someone is "right" it doesn't make them interesting to everyone?? :idk

Seems like so much of the gear/playing/music experience on platforms like Youtube is about
personality, delivery, and whether or not that resonates with others. One thing is for sure. It
won't resonate with everyone no matter who you are, or what your content is.

Also, this a tough crowd with a lot of old/aging farts stuck in their ways---so the kinds of responses
ya get are the kinds of responses ya get.

I agree.... some people have a better feel than others for groove. Some never think of it and have
it, and others never think of it, and should be thinking of it, so maybe they can have it. :LOL:
I see musicians all the time that have no groove or swing and don’t know how bad that sounds. All the time they never play a wrong note but they still suck.

Last edited:
Oh and so many players can’t get a tone because they don’t listen and micro adjust their technique to maximise the tone of the instrument in their hands. It is different for every instrument and everything in your rig.

Well, I mean, there are people out there who think Kirk Hammet is the greatest guitar player who ever lived.
He has written some good songs but not a great player. This is about objectively what makes you a great musician.

Back