Fractal Talk

My Princesse

Cocotte 1.jpg

They shot down the idea, since it was a closeout item. :cry:

Sorry to hear that. I just set aside my extra funds until I had enough to get the Axe-FX. I still use both about equally, the rack unit resides next to my studio desk, and the FM3 is used for band rehearsals. Except now I have an FM9T on the way, so the FM3 will be relegated to living room duty.

My buddy that just got the FM9T Friday has already gone deep down the rabbit hole.

“The KoT is actually pretty good stock, but if you change this diode and adjust this bias value……”

Needless to say, I’m pretty proud to have issued more Koolaid.
This is the guy who didn't get the ideal response you were hoping for from fractal right?

Glad he's pleased with it as it seemed like it started out on the wrong foot

This is the guy who didn't get the ideal response you were hoping for from fractal right?

Glad he's pleased with it as it seemed like it started out on the wrong foot
That’s the guy. And part of it was me having a shitty day at work and taking it more seriously than needed as well.

The JMP I linked, not a single mod, all original, super rare to see one unmodified.
Yeah very nice example of a later JMP. When they’re that original, I do wonder about resistors drifting in value, bias caps and filter caps drying out, pots being out of spec, whether it’s best to use grid stopper resistors or not. But at least any changes made can be minimal, documented and only where necessary

Back