Fractal Talk

Just checking it out, seems overly basic as a general IR loader which is a shame. I could only imagine use for this if I could make my own cab packs and freely move between mic positions and blend mics. That functionality is obviously there if you purchase cab packs, but I already have my own I want to use.

The concept is definitely there but its way too restricted to be any use to me, unfortunately.
What features would you like to see?

For me the lack of WAV export and support for stereo IRs (and the needed panning) is a miss, even if it would have to export them as separate L/R files for Axe-Fx to use.

In an ideal world this would be kind of like a combination of IR loader and ML Sound Lab MIKKO, with Fractal's cabs. But now it doesn't quite get there.

Also makes me wonder what this means for Dyna-Cabs on Fractal since it has half the cone, half the mics for each cab. Which to be fair is enough, just makes me wonder if it will get more mics or if it is starting to be tapped out on firmware space for this.

Do you have the Fractal Audio drivers installed? It should be using FAS' own ASIO driver. ASIO4All is a crutch at best.
I do and it does not show up as an option. Unless that is what "Direct Audio" is, but that is not what it is on my system and when I did choose that option, I got no sound at all. And I am using Axe as my audio interface and it is working fine.

I do and it does not show up as an option. Unless that is what "Direct Audio" is, but that is not what it is on my system and when I did choose that option, I got no sound at all. And I am using Axe as my audio interface and it is working fine.
It should usually be something with the device name on it if I remember correctly. My Windows PC is in another room from my Axe-Fx atm so can't easily test this out.

Here are print screens of my ASIO selections in CabLab4 and Cubase 12 Pro:

ASIODriverPrintScreens_CabLab.jpg

ASIODriverPrintScreens_Cubase12Pro.jpg

As you can see, I have many more ASIO options in Cubase than I do in CabLab. If I connect to my Axe FXIII via cablab, the selection list does not change.

Here are print screens of my ASIO selections in CabLab4 and Cubase 12 Pro:

View attachment 11813

View attachment 11814

As you can see, I have many more ASIO options in Cubase than I do in CabLab. If I connect to my Axe FXIII via cablab, the selection list does not change.
Then that sounds like a bug, unless you also have your DAW open at the same time which might mean the FAS ASIO Driver is taken by the DAW and not offered in Cab Lab.

Then that sounds like a bug, unless you also have your DAW open at the same time which might mean the FAS ASIO Driver is taken by the DAW and not offered in Cab Lab.
Nope, DAW has not been open all night until I popped it up to get this print screen. Had not thought about it but you may be right, could be a bug in not seeing all the ASIO drivers on my system. I will note that on my fractal forum post as well. Thanks!

Nope, DAW has not been open all night until I popped it up to get this print screen. Had not thought about it but you may be right, could be a bug in not seeing all the ASIO drivers on my system. I will note that on my fractal forum post as well. Thanks!
Actually it might be just a different way of showing it. I didn't notice you had ASIO already selected there so after that your Axe-Fx should show in the next box Device.

Hahahah the additional mics and angle option are the two biggest reasons I’m excited about it.

I most likely won’t have time to check it out until the weekend. I’m in kill myself mode at work until Friday at 4.

Dude, this has an angle adjustment? I totally didn't see that!!! That would be so awesome!

Back