Fractal Talk

Come to the dark side @James Freeman , we have JCM800's and cookies.
well he has taken the first steps

1696676157776.png

:LOL:

FAS Cab-Lab 4 released:

I’m going to try to get in on the beta for this!

FAS Cab-Lab 4 released:

Can someone give me the TLDR on why Cab Lab is worthwhile?

Looks like there are more mics available for the dynacabs??? Got into the beta and snagged the TV pack

Last edited:

Looks like there are more mics available for the dynacabs??? Got into the beta and snagged the TV pack
Yeah is this just an IR loader, that will also eventually have Dynacabs? Because that’s awesome.

If you like going down IR rabbit holes, or get really picky about them, it’s just another area to fine tune stuff and then spit out an IR you rolled on your own, minus the whole mic’ing of a cab. In my case, I’ve been using usually 2 DynaCabs per tone, so for stuff like Mesa’s where I’m often using the same IR’s, I can just make 1 simple IR to load instead of saving the 2 cabs as a block in the cab block.

It’ll be something I use a bunch for about a month and then forget about once I have all the IR’s I “need”.

Wow! That shit is way over my DUM DUM HEAD! :idk

YT tutorial time, RevD! :banana

Basically the same thing you’re already doing in the Cab Block, but at the end of it you can bounce out your own IR to use/share with friends. There’s some more treatment options in the CabLab with EQ’s and whatnot, but the same idea.

Hello all you Fractal Guru's does anyone use DC power in the Amp Block ?
any Advantages disadvantages ?

Thanks all

I only use it when an amp has ghost notes. It changes the frequency response somewhat, so when I do engage it, I immediately change the BMT settings. To me that feature is the greatest thing since sliced bread, since it allows me to play versions of my favorite amps without that terrible low end noise called ghost notes! For me the amps that I use the setting on are the Orange AD30, the Plexi 6CA7, and the 1959 SLP.

I highly recommend giving it a try when you hear ghost notes to see how you feel about it, just make sure to readjust your BMT when you do it. 🙂

Back