Fractal Talk

Yes, if anyone can 'archive' an accurate fully functional digital replica of these amps is Fractal, it's more than about having another model to play with. Maybe Line 6 can too but their current gen format is limiting them.
I suppose if enough people request them it could happen. I'm not sure the technical process of modeling would be anymore difficult, but you certainly would know more about this than I would.

My guess is they just don't have a ton of interest in procuring the amps and modeling them to satisfy a very small niche of people who want them. Most buy the Fractal for tube amp simulation.

How many people have been begging for a GK 800RB for years and years? It hasn’t been such a small niche when it comes to bass players, but bass is always ignored by Fractal

I've been thinking, maybe the lack of much requested solid state amp models is because Fractal doesn't have accurate enough algorithms for solid state components and complex circuits yet?
There are some solid state amps from the 80s and 90s that are as iconic in metal music as some of the most iconic tube amps.

I'm going to accept that personal conclusion until I'm proven wrong by playing a kick ass Fractal amp model of a Valvestate 8100, Peavey Bandit and a Randall RG100.

I see what you’re up to. Cliff gets hundreds of requests for new amp models. Reframing your desired amp model request as a challenge might get his attention.

Chicago Fire GIF by NBC

a lot of those iconic solid state amps are on far more big selling albums than most of the boutique stuff on amp model lists. I’d definitely appreciate having some accurate models of Randall’s and 8100. Isn’t the JMP-1 and JC120 in there already?
but but but blasphemy!

People would croak if they realized how many of these "iconic guitar tones" are guitars right into the mixing console, sometimes without even a DI....Even some distorted ones!

I see what you’re up to. Cliff gets hundreds of requests for new amp models. Reframing your desired amp model request as a challenge might get his attention.

Cliff can't do it because he doesn't have the technology yet.
To captures every harmonic nuance in a complex arrangement of so many crystal lettuces working together to any degree of accuracy is humanly impossible.
I'm afraid the majestic tones of these records is out of reach for us forever.

Joking aside, I would like to save custom impedance curves because they a huge part of the final tone.

Back