Fractal Talk

We've all had this affliction at one time or another.
Happens in the other direction too. LOVE something to death and swear to never sell it. Until you do.
giphy.gif

1725213579182.png

Just working on a template for my 4-cable-method setup for my band Summerisle; which we're currently writing for at the moment and will hopefully have some songs out next year!!

I'll be using my Dual Rectifier as my amp, with one of these to switch amp channels from midi:
1725213832514.png

Midi from the Axe3 into this, and then from the AMP FS output into the DIN footswitch socket on the Recto. Then I just setup presets and scenes and my FC12 footswitch to jump between it all. I've only got one expression pedal right now, need to get a couple of Fractal EV1's I reckon.

I confess, I've not really used this combination in anger yet. I've always wimped out and just used my pedalboard. But for the next practice I'm going to try this to the fullest and see how I get on.

If this works and I see a future "perma"-rig (are they ever permanent?!) in it, then I'll definitely consider investing in an FM9 MKII Turbo for my live stuff, and leave the Axe3 in the rack.

View attachment 27680

Just working on a template for my 4-cable-method setup for my band Summerisle; which we're currently writing for at the moment and will hopefully have some songs out next year!!

I'll be using my Dual Rectifier as my amp, with one of these to switch amp channels from midi:
View attachment 27683

Midi from the Axe3 into this, and then from the AMP FS output into the DIN footswitch socket on the Recto. Then I just setup presets and scenes and my FC12 footswitch to jump between it all. I've only got one expression pedal right now, need to get a couple of Fractal EV1's I reckon.

I confess, I've not really used this combination in anger yet. I've always wimped out and just used my pedalboard. But for the next practice I'm going to try this to the fullest and see how I get on.

If this works and I see a future "perma"-rig (are they ever permanent?!) in it, then I'll definitely consider investing in an FM9 MKII Turbo for my live stuff, and leave the Axe3 in the rack.
Let me know how it works. I actually have to do my first 4CM programming session later this month, so I've got to figure out how I'm going to do the Mesa Badlander channels. I think the dude has a 100w head. I'll probably need to get him a Suhr MIDI channel switcher thingy.

Let me know how it works. I actually have to do my first 4CM programming session later this month, so I've got to figure out how I'm going to do the Mesa Badlander channels. I think the dude has a 100w head. I'll probably need to get him a Suhr MIDI channel switcher thingy.
I have the Voodoo Labs Control Switcher for interfacing a Fryette Sig:X through MIDI. It works great to control all of the various boost and channel options through scenes. The Suhr product is probably great as well.

I have the Voodoo Labs Control Switcher for interfacing a Fryette Sig:X through MIDI. It works great to control all of the various boost and channel options through scenes. The Suhr product is probably great as well.
Yeah the only reason I'm thinking the Suhr is because the BL100 is just channel 1/2. There's no boost or reverb or anything.

It works well. I've had it for a while and switching midi on the Recto is just as good as switching channels on any of my other amps. Axe3 transmits the midi fast enough, and all in all, it is something you don't even notice one it is setup.

Just had a quick blast across three channels with a range of effects. Sounds really good!
1725217615440.jpeg

I had already previously set the midi converter up to be:
PC0 - clean channel
PC1 - orange channel
PC2 - red channel

So it was very quick to test out.

Totally overkill but how mental would it be to have the VH4 going into another 4x12, and have the Axe3 process the two amps in stereo and switch channels on both as and when I need. Ha! Might try that.

Back