Fractal Talk

The high gain models sound much more brutal. I found I used to have to use a boost to get the snarl of the real amps when I didn’t use a boost on the real counterparts. The models were just somehow a bit too smooth without the boost. With this firmware I’ve been able to turn off the boosts. Well done Fractal!

Ok Fractal users, I recently declared that my next gear purchase would be some type of fractal device.

Due to recent events, I am in the market for a unit that can replace my mx5. Don't want to get too into it, because it isn't necessary, everyone knows.

The expression pedal isn't important, just need at least 3 switches and a decent screen or ui to make edits. I am a complete fractal newbie, and have no experience with them. I know what they are capable of and know they sound great. Many artists I enjoy use them, along with the majority of our forum.

I like having amp models/captures, but not a deal breaker. I mostly need modulation and time based effects and signal path creativity. Stereo FX Loop.... stereo in/out, 4CM, scenes....just solid catch all. I know the FM3 turbo looks nice, but it is honestly out of my current price range.

Are there any older devices that run the current firmware? The way I'm looking at it, I will have to just grin and save it....and that looks grim at this juncture. But, I don't want that to stop me from getting familiar.

I have seen posts from several around here that still use the original rack units from 15 years ago...and that also impresses me, as well as gives me hope. Can you all help me find a reasonable entry point to the Fractal universe?

Thanks in advance.

Ok Fractal users, I recently declared that my next gear purchase would be some type of fractal device.

Due to recent events, I am in the market for a unit that can replace my mx5. Don't want to get too into it, because it isn't necessary, everyone knows.

The expression pedal isn't important, just need at least 3 switches and a decent screen or ui to make edits. I am a complete fractal newbie, and have no experience with them. I know what they are capable of and know they sound great. Many artists I enjoy use them, along with the majority of our forum.

I like having amp models/captures, but not a deal breaker. I mostly need modulation and time based effects and signal path creativity. Stereo FX Loop.... stereo in/out, 4CM, scenes....just solid catch all. I know the FM3 turbo looks nice, but it is honestly out of my current price range.

Are there any older devices that run the current firmware? The way I'm looking at it, I will have to just grin and save it....and that looks grim at this juncture. But, I don't want that to stop me from getting familiar.

I have seen posts from several around here that still use the original rack units from 15 years ago...and that also impresses me, as well as gives me hope. Can you all help me find a reasonable entry point to the Fractal universe?

Thanks in advance.

The high gain models sound much more brutal. I found I used to have to use a boost to get the snarl of the real amps when I didn’t use a boost on the real counterparts. The models were just somehow a bit too smooth without the boost. With this firmware I’ve been able to turn off the boosts. Well done Fractal!
its funny I reset the amps and this one I don't notice a huge difference , its still on the darker side to my ears, and it sounds good as always but I am not getting that OMG , maybe its just the amps I am using

Talk to him. Maybe he'd be up for letting you do a layaway-type purchase. That FM3 is your ticket. And it could easily replace effects you may already own.
I didn't/don't usually think that way, but it isn't a bad idea...lots of trust on both sides ...hmmm.

I do feel you are correct on the choice though. I do appreciate the help. I know newbies can be a bit aggravating to more experienced users. Just looking for a solution I don't have to think or worry about. Need a solid piece, reliable and professional....and I have been very pleased with the interaction Cliff has around here. Very nice guy, helpful and communicative...so I want in. 😂

Thanks in advance.
Fm3 is amazing @deadpool_25 unit is super nice No headphones, but honestly never used or needed it since i owned my FM9 Non turbo might limit your chain, depending on the complexity, but i would not think that a deal breaker, My FM9 does anything i need it to do and for my needs and ears and is amazing, if your into Modelling then Fractal is the way to go

1724063186617.png

My 2 cents

:beer

But they are a real chore to use if you are coming from a Headrush MX5.

I'd wait a bit to see what that rumored Fractal product turns out to be, but also to see if the NeuralDSP Nano Cortex comes out and what it looks like.
I understand this, but Cliff answered a very important question for me, that no one else would ...and also he's here ..and that makes me smile....that works in their favor, and I want to eventually repay him for his help, by purchasing a brand new unit, when I can afford it....as a thank you, because that's how I roll.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and help!

Fm3 is amazing @deadpool_25 unit is super nice No headphones, but honestly never used or needed it since i owned my FM9 Non turbo might limit your chain, depending on the complexity, but i would not think that a deal breaker, My FM9 does anything i need it to do and for my needs and ears and is amazing, if your into Modelling then Fractal is the way to go

View attachment 26849

My 2 cents

:beer
1724064044412.png

Last edited:
Back