Fractal Talk

I'm gonna install the FM3 9.0 Beato version 2 tomorrow and see if it really is as good as they say. I've been neglecting my guitars for too long now anyway. Gutsy pops with a side of spit, here I come!

I'm gonna install the FM3 9.0 Beato version 2 tomorrow and see if it really is as good as they say.
IMG_2531.gif

Are we allowed to tag Cliff here 🤣

@FractalAudio do you ever envision a point where you think your amp modeling is "as good as it's going to get". Or do you think you will always find something to improve on with it?
I can’t speak for him obviously, but I think he’s constantly thinking of something else that can be improved. Just when it’s “done”, there’s this little thing that can be tweaked. Plus, I don’t think he knows a Tina, and even if he did, he wouldn’t let her do all the work.

In my opinion, a successful Turing test would be if Steve Vai adopts the Axe-FX for his amp tones.

His issue was his perceived latency with the FAS amp models right? He runs his Synergy rig in parallel with the AXE-FX III?

Never mind i found this:

I'm gonna install the FM3 9.0 Beato version 2 tomorrow and see if it really is as good as they say. I've been neglecting my guitars for too long now anyway. Gutsy pops with a side of spit, here I come!
It is! Everything sounds more open and lively. No matter the Amp you choose. Even my main goto Edge of Breakup amp the AC-20 EF86 Treble. The responsiveness to dynamics in particular at EoB is just on a whole other level now! It was already great and I didn't think it could get better. Was I ever wrong!

I'm not hearing a huge difference between FM3 FW 9b1 and FW 9b2 honestly with my main presets. The fuzz face seems to sound a bit different I guess. Maybe a bit more mid focused? Kind of liked that one better before TBH. My ears might be shot.

-Aaron

Back