Fractal Talk

Nice to see your interest in Fractal @likitlikeyoulikeit . :beer

I feel pretty much the same way about Cliff and the Co. They just set a high
bar, and I look forward to purchasing more Fractal goodies in the coming
years. :banana

Fractal is really like the small business (with a big reach!) that I can't
help but want to prop up and support in any way I can. :love

Starting something new by taking some of my favourite amps and building stripped
down IN-AMP-CAB-OUT Presets (that I can add to later). Man, eliminating all the
LT-approved "grease" really highlights the essential nature of each amp.

I had already done this with a Princeton, a few of the Plexis, and some of the JCM800
models. Now I have a Soldano and an EVH Stealth to add to the mix. :chef

Gonna hit that Bogner XTC tonight. :guiness

I wouldn't use an FM3 for 4cm.
And this is the issue, I don't and probably will never, need a bigger unit ...and definitely cannot justify a purchase of over 2500usd for the big boy ....ever.

You guys aren't helping.

sad.gif

And this is the issue, I don't and probably will never, need a bigger unit ...and definitely cannot justify a purchase of over 2500usd for the big boy ....ever.

You guys aren't helping.

View attachment 26873
Pfft, need! What a useless word in gear talk!! The FM9 lists for $1799.99 and there are often sales with discounts. Used ones can probably be had for sub $1500 from time to time (and less for the non turbo version)!!! Hold out a bit and get the FM9 ;~)) Hope that "helps"!!!

Pfft, need! What a useless word in gear talk!! The FM9 lists for $1799.99 and there are often sales with discounts. Used ones can probably be had for sub $1500 from time to time (and less for the non turbo version)!!! Hold out a bit and get the FM9 ;~)) Hope that "helps"!!!
See this is the issue.....that is more than I've spent on gear in the last 15 years ...that's not how I operate in life.

I have a very limited income, and I have other financial needs ...this is why I purchased the HR unit in the first place ...too good to be true and all that. At 300usd it did everything I needed and sounds great to me ...but I do have issues with it ...but they aren't sound related.

I don't know how you guys do it ....if I told you how little I've spent on ALL my gear....I would be laughed out of the forum....

I don't do credit and I have no real reason to spend that much when I don't earn a living by gigging or sessions.

In my professional and work life, I spend on plenty....and never buy junk anything, but this is just my hobby and stress relief.....and it's just too much. Thanks again everyone for the info and the recommendations.

See this is the issue.....that is more than I've spent on gear in the last 15 years ...that's not how I operate in life.

I have a very limited income, and I have other financial needs ...this is why I purchased the HR unit in the first place ...too good to be true and all that. At 300usd it did everything I needed and sounds great to me ...but I do have issues with it ...but they aren't sound related.

I don't know how you guys do it ....if I told you how little I've spent on ALL my gear....I would be laughed out of the forum....

I don't do credit and I have no real reason to spend that much when I don't earn a living by gigging or sessions.

In my professional and work life, I spend on plenty....and never buy junk anything, but this is just my hobby and stress relief.....and it's just too much. Thanks again everyone for the info and the recommendations.
I guess the commitment to purchase something from FAS has weak legs then ;~)) Unless the new product is something less expensive than FM3, the conservative gear spender need not apply! Maybe an FAS product will fall into your lap for a song!! Best wishes on your search!!!

I guess the commitment to purchase something from FAS has weak legs then ;~)) Unless the new product is something less expensive than FM3, the conservative gear spender need not apply! Maybe an FAS product will fall into your lap for a song!! Best wishes on your search!!!
Guess it's just an expression pedal.

I need a tractor and my wife needs a vehicle....so I guess I just won't be one of the cool guys. Guess I will just go hide with my inferior unit.....like I normally do.

I need a tractor and my wife needs a vehicle....so I guess I just won't be one of the cool guys. Guess I will just go hide with my inferior unit.....like I normally do.
Hey man. We all know how it’s like. Enjoy whatever gear you have. Sure.. some here are using the most expensive high end stuff, but not everyone… and it really doesn’t mean anything in the context of enjoying music as a hobby or as a living.

Make use of what you have and enjoy it for what it is.
I’m using an FM3 with Headrush 108’s which are budget speakers.
Playing Squiers, Epiphones, etc.
Enjoy life as much as possible
That’s a goal to strive for

Well now I don't see it at all like that! You have priorities over new gear, nothing "un-cool" about that. As for your rig, I am sure you sound better than me through my Fractal, so you get more cool points for that (not to mention that you are growing this year about as much as I have grown in my life, which is way cool - for you, not me)!! If I did not have the cash, I would patiently save and get what I wanted when the time comes, but if your entire rig costs less than an FM3, I can see why you would have a hard time justifying such a fancy pedal! And in addition, based on what I have seen of you so far, I don't think you are goin' and hiding anywhere ;~))

Back