Fractal Talk

Sure was awesome, what Archetype PCOM did you use?

:grin
Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

Emojis are an interesting topic in general. My aunt actually recently published an academic book regarding the use of them in texts and their potential legal implications. May seem fluffy/inconsequential, but the way an emoji gets interpreted can have huge implications in how a legal case unfolds.

Can we be sued for hurting someone's sensitivity with a emoji? :poop:
:crazy
:rubshands:somean
Jada Pinkett Smith Ouchies GIF by Red Table Talk
Cry Baby Fx GIF by BasketsFX

letting it go the office GIF

Not to derail the emoji talk but I went from an fm3/fc6 combo to an fm9t last week. I don’t need the processing power at all but I love the all in one switch setup! I like the fact that with the power it should be able to handle most future updates as well. Very happy with the change.
Run you FC6 with your FM9T for even more fun

I thought he was saying my post was negative. My post was not intended to be negative, so I'm confused too. I was just trying to share an observation that people in that thread seem to be giving him less credit than he deserves, but maybe I was being too nuanced.
I thought he was agreeing with your statement about "some people." Read it again in that context. Maybe you misunderstood him? I don't get what these people are all riled up about. I fid not read your post as negative. At least not towards Cliff. It seemed more like, "what's wrong with some people," in the context of their reaction to Cliff's announcement. Still fucking confused lol

It's amusing that some people think he's asking for an answer to a math problem that he could easily look up himself, when he's really just announcing a mutron.
You are making assumptions of intent then postulating you know the real intent.

I cannot speak for the other posters in that thread, but I can answer for my self, I took the post at face value and posted an answer.

I thought he was saying my post was negative. My post was not intended to be negative, so I'm confused too. I was just trying to share an observation that people in that thread seem to be giving him less credit than he deserves, but maybe I was being too nuanced.
Again, you are making assumptions of intent from the posters of that thread.

Instead of assuming positive intent, instead you assumed:
- Cliff is being sneaky and really just wanted to announce he's working on a mutron model by posting a math problem.
- That every poster is not giving Cliff enough credit just because they posted a solution to a math problem - I cannot know what the other posters intent was but I can tell you mine, I simply posted a solution to a math problem.

But eh - you do you.

Ok. I did like 2 minutes of research and found that thread (in fairness I should have done that before now) and I think I see why folks here are so riled up and how Cliff may well have taken what LP59 said as negative.

Like, "he posted a math question but he wasn't really looking for the answer...he was just using that as a (cheeky?) way to announce a Mutron. Because he could've just looked that up."

There are some negative vibes in that, if that's the tone of it. 🤷🏾‍♂️

But anyhoo....

Ok. I did like 2 minutes of research and found that thread (in fairness I should have done that before now) and I think I see why folks here are so riled up and how Cliff may well have taken what LP59 said as negative.

Like, "he posted a math question but he wasn't really looking for the answer...he was just using that as a (cheeky?) way to announce a Mutron. Because he could've just looked that up."

There are some negative vibes in that, if that's the tone of it. 🤷🏾‍♂️

No, that definitely wasn't the tone I intended. I thought it was clever of him, not cheeky. It's a smarter way to announce a new feature than just "Hey there's a Mutron coming". At this point there's probably been more than enough analysis of the hidden inner meanings of my post : ;)

Can we be sued for hurting someone's sensitivity with a emoji? :poop:
:crazy
:rubshands:somean
Jada Pinkett Smith Ouchies GIF by Red Table Talk
Cry Baby Fx GIF by BasketsFX

letting it go the office GIF

Well, the examples I recall were more things that on the surface or in a different context can be harmless, but can also have violent or sexual intent (fire, eggplant, etc).

Back