Fractal Talk

This is one where the internet has gotten better over the last 20 years. ;)
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

It's amusing that some people think he's asking for an answer to a math problem that he could easily look up himself, when he's really just announcing a mutron.

This is why social media sucks. People immediately jump to the most negative conclusions in response to innocent statements.

And this precisely why I don't interact with the public as much anymore.

Negative? Negative would be jumping to a conclusion you're unable to look that up yourself. I have a higher opinion of you than that.
I'm confused. It looked like Cliff was agreeing with what LP59 said in the first post? LP59, what's your second post there in response to?

I'm confused. It looked like Cliff was agreeing with what LP59 said in the first post? LP59, what's your second post there in response to?
I thought he was saying my post was negative. My post was not intended to be negative, so I'm confused too. I was just trying to share an observation that people in that thread seem to be giving him less credit than he deserves, but maybe I was being too nuanced.

I thought he was saying my post was negative. My post was not intended to be negative, so I'm confused too. I was just trying to share an observation that people in that thread seem to be giving him less credit than he deserves, but maybe I was being too nuanced.
It didn't come off as nuanced. It came off as shitty. I'm not sure if English is a second or third language for you or what...

I'm sure if it were possible to simply look up the answer to a very specific math problem like that on some website or something like ChatGPT, I imagine he would have done just that, kept his head down and put the Mutron in the next firmware beta.

I'm sure if it were possible to simply look up the answer to a very specific math problem like that on some website or something like ChatGPT,

But it is. Even if you don't know that, read that thread and you'll see it's possible, and even easy. Cliff is smart and I'm sure he knows this.

Pro tip: use ;) as often as you can to avoid being taken too seriously. Because otherwise people will get :mad:.

Good idea. I think I'll add another to Paisleywookie's list

D. Some people want to find evil intent behind everything they read, even when it's not there.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

It's amusing that some people think he's asking for an answer to a math problem that he could easily look up himself, when he's really just announcing a mutron.
Maybe he was searching for a new engineer for the team and wanted to see who had both the mental and communication skills to deliver an appropriate and accurate response ;~))

Pro tip: Use ;) as often as you can to avoid being taken too seriously. Because otherwise people will get :mad:.

HA!
Remember TOP had to add a clarification to their RULES based on some trying to hide behind smilies?

poster A: "I'm sorry, but I think you're incorrect on which amp Iommi used recording IV."
poster B: "Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm right."
poster A: "My uncle was a studio tech for those sessions and I've seen his pictures."
poster B: "Oh ya, well you're a fucking know it all ASSHOLE!!!!......... ;)."

:rofl

Last edited:

It seemed to me like he was agreeing with you, too.

Last edited:
Back