Fractal Talk

To be fair NDSP's Moniker is "Soon" , Game changer is aimed at all the Youtube Videos, every little thing that comes out no matter how insignificant is a well you know ...

ryan seacrest game changer GIF by American Idol

:guiness
Actually Fractal moniker was “soon” but since it could not be trademarked ( much like half of helix gui) It’s was adopted by the fine folks at NDSP

This is the little thing that fell out of my hands when I dialed in the Trainwreck yesterday-

And really, as much as all the tonal improvements through the years have been awesome, my favorite thing about Fractal gear is the continuous inspiration that comes from it. I've never used a tone like that before, never wrote anything like that, never even play like that at all. Once I landed on that tone (that took all of 4 minutes to dial in, I don't know if it sounds like a real Trainwreck, but I dig it) I just improvised a couple times over that drum track then doubled it.

This is the little thing that fell out of my hands when I dialed in the Trainwreck yesterday-

And really, as much as all the tonal improvements through the years have been awesome, my favorite thing about Fractal gear is the continuous inspiration that comes from it. I've never used a tone like that before, never wrote anything like that, never even play like that at all. Once I landed on that tone (that took all of 4 minutes to dial in, I don't know if it sounds like a real Trainwreck, but I dig it) I just improvised a couple times over that drum track then doubled it.

Nu Country.

:sofa

:beer :rawk

Was that using the Dick Crushers?

That’s killer dude. :chef

I was just messing around with Liverpool model. Has such a classic vibe, but with a nice dirty underbelly. That type of tone makes me think of a ‘69 Camaro with the windows down hauling ass. :ROFLMAO:

Wizards of the Fractal. So I’m building a Mark V preset, let me make sure I’m doing this right.

Turn the bass and mids almost all the way down, then in output EQ tab go full V pumping bass, dumping 750 and pumping highs. Question, on the front panel treble and presence where do people normally set it? Treble feels like a gain control I’m leaving it around noon. Do people use the presence on the faceplate or dump it and then add it back on the 5-band EQ?

Do people slap it with the usual suspect OD’s? (808 or SD1?)

on the front panel treble and presence where do people normally set it?
crank the treble for the brootz. Bright cap will change how you dial the treble knob vs gain knob. I tend to go anywhere from 7-10 for high gain. (I haven’t used the mkV model a ton but for Mark series amps in general I tend to have it around 4-6. Depends on the version of the amp, poweramp push pull settings, SIC. Think of presence as another control to dictate the actual damping of the amp. Lower and more GEQ will be tight and percussive, more presence and lower GEQ will have a bit more squish and response

Wizards of the Fractal. So I’m building a Mark V preset, let me make sure I’m doing this right.

Turn the bass and mids almost all the way down, then in output EQ tab go full V pumping bass, dumping 750 and pumping highs. Question, on the front panel treble and presence where do people normally set it? Treble feels like a gain control I’m leaving it around noon. Do people use the presence on the faceplate or dump it and then add it back on the 5-band EQ?

Do people slap it with the usual suspect OD’s? (808 or SD1?)

I’ve not messed around with the Mark V in the Fractal, but I have the real deal that I have owned since 2009…

In the real amp, the treble control does actually act like a second gain control. The midrange affects the “character” of the distortion, and the bass control deals with flubbiness in the bottom end. Also, with the real amp the tone stack is highly interactive. The higher you have the treble set, the less effect the midrange and bass have. And vice versa.

I always start with the graphic EQ zeroed out, set the gain around noon, and then bring up the treble to get the level of dirt I like. Then mess with the midrange until it sounds right. Bass usually around 11:00, but you’ll want it lower if you’re running a ton of gain.

A good resource is the Mesa/Boogie owners manual, it walks you through everything.

Hot damn, I just got to listen to that on headphones. Tremendous sound and playing!

idk wtf genre this is but I fuck with this so hard no cap

Back