Fractal Talk

Kicking Beavis And Butthead GIF by Paramount+

Anyone else on the new beeta?

Been running it through my SS amp and 1x12 cab today and still just digging the heck out of it. It's addictive to play and sounds really good without effects.

Anyone else on the new beeta?

Been running it through my SS amp and 1x12 cab today and still just digging the heck out of it. It's addictive to play and sounds really good without effects.

Yep, finally loaded it up tonight. I'm not big on throwing out adjectives to describe this stuff, but my main Strat Plexi preset was pretty fuckin' bangin. To be fair, it's been 3 weeks since I've heard it, but I do not recall it being nearly as beefy as it currently is. All I had to do was move a mic on a DynaCab about a centimeter and I was good to go.

Then that post about the Trainwreck's got me thinkin' that I've never even tried those and have very little experience with anything Vox style at all, so I dialed in a quick Wrecker Express preset and 5 minutes later had half a song written.

Still have a bunch of amps to go through but I'm headed out for a bit tonight, if I had to sum up what I experienced with the Plexi (that I'm familiar with), it seemed it was far easier to put some stank on it, however you want to take that.

Then that post about the Trainwreck's got me thinkin' that I've never even tried those and have very little experience with anything Vox style at all, so I dialed in a quick Wrecker Express preset and 5 minutes later had half a song written
So it didn't sound broken? 😬

There have only been a few times that I’ve loaded a new firmware and heard a substantial difference in amp modeling. My ears ain’t that good.

I don’t doubt that every update to the algos is incrementally more accurate. Knowing Cliff’s track record, he probably has come up with a new parameter to measure on the physical amplifiers and has used that data to guide his perturbation of the code to more closely match the measured performance.
This turned out to be on point, huh? 👏

Just took the plunge. It is rather different, innit? You get the spitty thing...umm...right in the face.

It'll take some adjusting.

Back