Fractal Talk

I’m really digging the DynaCabs, particularly (unsurprisingly) the Mesa cabs. As for the Revvs, they’re……fine? It’s not something I’d probably use, really. I think after having this six months, for gainy sounds I’m just settling into the SLO, Smallbox, and Triple Crown.
Bosom Boost + Revv Red 2 + Dyna Recto Straight is perfect for me for high gain tones. The Revv is running at almost default settings, save for a slight mid scoop, and I think I lowered the gain a bit. I've got the Recto Straight cab set to Dynamic 1, Position 5.8, Distance 6cm. The Triple Crown plays really well with this too.

Since I'm not using the EQ on the Bosom Boost, I probably could just use a Filter to low-cut and boost, but I'm too attached to having a drive block in my presets. Plus, that plays friendlier with the default layouts of the FC12 and FM9.

I've never quite cracked the SLO, so if you've got tips, I am all ears.

As long as we're talking Boogies in a Fractal thread, does anybody know how to best approximate a Mark 1? I used to have a '77 Mk1 combo and a Son of Boogie head, and I kind of miss them.

Bosom Boost + Revv Red 2 + Dyna Recto Straight is perfect for me for high gain tones. The Revv is running at almost default settings, save for a slight mid scoop, and I think I lowered the gain a bit. I've got the Recto Straight cab set to Dynamic 1, Position 5.8, Distance 6cm. The Triple Crown plays really well with this too.

Since I'm not using the EQ on the Bosom Boost, I probably could just use a Filter to low-cut and boost, but I'm too attached to having a drive block in my presets. Plus, that plays friendlier with the default layouts of the FC12 and FM9.

I've never quite cracked the SLO, so if you've got tips, I am all ears.
I’m doing an SLO preset with all three channels, and the DynaCabs. When I’m done I’ll upload it. It might not be for everyone, but I find so far it does work with both my humbucker and singlecoil guitars.
As long as we're talking Boogies in a Fractal thread, does anybody know how to best approximate a Mark 1? I used to have a '77 Mk1 combo and a Son of Boogie head, and I kind of miss them.
That’s a tough one, since I’ve only ever played a King Snake, and it’s been years (whenever it came out, 2015?).

Yeah I loved the SLO as well
Now im on the Freidman Small Box which is also awesome, i suspect there are not many amps in the Fractalverse that are not awesome

:chef
At a certain point, it becomes a little redundant, especially going through the same cabs. I finally stopped feeling like I need to love a dozen high gain amp models.

At a certain point, it becomes a little redundant, especially going through the same cabs. I finally stopped feeling like I need to love a dozen high gain amp models.
100% right i think i may use 10-12 amp types at most but always nice to know you have almost unlimited options

:beer

Okay I set up a three channel rig with the following:

Lone Star Clean
Lone Star Lead
Mark IV Lead

I'm getting some of the best tones I think I've gotten so far out of a Fractal. The tones feel much more like a "family" than trying to combine vintage Fenders with modern Friedmans and I'm not getting as many sonic warts as trying to use those amps. The Mesa tone stack is super weird but I can control the amount of bass with the post EQ which I always struggle to do on the Friedmans.

Also using the Dyna Cab, a single condenser on the 4x12 Recto Straight, about halfway across the speaker and pulled back a bit. Sounds really good, very similar to an Ownhammer IR I had been using recently.

Shout out to @2112 as always for the wealth of info on Mark series amps. I've never really properly dialed one in before and it was super easy with his videos.

Back