Fractal Talk

I have no idea what the Bosom Boost is.
1693059426491.png

I have not tried all the Boogies and Im sure they are awesome, but for me its Def the USA Lead Mid Gain
MkIV

1693059527638.png

And its all because @2112 Introduced me to this awesome tone machine, in Fact this was the Video that caused a turning point I had decided right there to get a Fractal

:chef

Bosom / Buxom Booster is nothing more than sort of a “filter plus”, IMHO. It doesn’t bring anything extra to the table.

You guys have me thinking about Mesa and that got me all nostalgic. Now I’m headed to rehearsals this weekend with this rig:
  • Dyna Comp
  • SD-1
  • DS-1
  • Bad Stone
  • 4 channels of Mark IV
  • CE-2
  • BF-2
  • DM-2
6v6’s on Rhythm 1 & 2, el34’s on Lead (one mid gain one harmonics)

It’s like stepping back into the past in the best way possible :love

Here ya go...trying to get the hang of doing more videos. Maybe someday I'll even get a camera.

Here's a quick play through of the preset using my Tele with Dimarzio Area T pickups. Super, super versatile guitar.

Also some fuel to the fire for @JiveTurkey to get a Tele :)

Great tones. (y)
The Area set sounds quite proper, and the bridge captures just the right amount of twang and gnarl. The Hot version has a bit more mids for sure.

Great tones. (y)
The Area set sounds quite proper, and the bridge captures just the right amount of twang and gnarl. The Hot version has a bit more mids for sure.

Yeah what I dig is the standard set has a lot more quack and clarity in the middle. You can get that super 80s clean tone. But with a boost you can also get the 80s hard rock out of the bridge.

Did you realize it isn't worth the hassle or that it's fun to have a mix of analog and digital?

I just realized it might not be as obvious as it looks, but I have the Mute When Tuner Activated setup, I never do that when I change pedals out because I’m not playing loud enough for the pops to be a bother, did it for some reason this time and completely forgot 7 seconds later after I plugged the other pedal in. :rofl 15 minutes later I realized it.

Here ya go...trying to get the hang of doing more videos. Maybe someday I'll even get a camera.

Here's a quick play through of the preset using my Tele with Dimarzio Area T pickups. Super, super versatile guitar.

Also some fuel to the fire for @JiveTurkey to get a Tele :)

Nice tones! Next time, maybe click on some blocks to show settings.

I won't lie, that Tchula is calling my name.

If I were in a classic rock band it would most likely be my always-on/base tone pedal. It’s really transparent and on the verge of being subtle if it weren’t for the volume boost. I’ve never played with the bias side much but it’s definitely a cool feature, especially if you’re stacking gain pedals up and want an ‘over the top’ button you can really dial in. It was hard not to buy the gold one that was on sale this week, but I have way too many dirt pedals and no mod/delay pedals yet.

What would be the best way to simulate a footswitchable effects loop?

I want a separate path filled with effects and a footswitch to turn that entire path on or off (keeping trails from time effects).

I wish Fractal had the same split behavior as Helix. It’s so much easier

What would be the best way to simulate a footswitchable effects loop?
The Mixer block

Or put a Volume block at the start of the parallel line and use a switch to mute it.

Lots of ways to accomplish this. If you post a preset that shows how far you've gotten I can probably get you the rest of the way.

Back