Fractal Talk

I’m starting to implement this feature more now, but mainly due to the number of song specific presets I have been making for my band stuff.

I do it for both kitchen sink presets and for song specific ones. It’s an extra step in the process, but it’s worth it for me to have the exact footswitch controls I want for a preset regardless of which blocks I used and how in the preset.

Part of this is just because I came from helix and was used to having different switching for each preset that was specific to the preset. I developed a way of doing things that I don’t really want to change, with fm9 I can take it a lot further with the hold functions, channel scrolling, etc.

D

I will take four
IMG_0976.jpeg

This is an awesome idea! You should totally start a wishlist thread on the Fractal Forum for this, in the FC section. They take those seriously, and maybe it would carry more weight than only writing here, especially if a bunch of people +1 it. I would think also allowing custom labels per channel would be extremely helpful, perhaps even moreso.
It's already been long wished for...

Wow….all I can say is I can’t wait till the modeler that @laxu is going to bring to market hits the shelves! I mean, world class audio, perfect UI,

And road-worthy equipment all for cheap? I know I’ll be first in line for one, providing there’s also a proper return policy so I can judge if it suits my every need or not! View attachment 25688
Well, all I need is someone who can design and manufacture hardware, someone who can program all the DSP stuff etc. I mean how hard can that be!

I Cant Things To Do GIF by Apple TV+

I’m not sure “Delay” is telling me where I’m going anymore more than “Deluxe Mind Guy”.
You know the are other label options, right? Have you looked at the Footswitch Functions Guide? If not, you should.

I like the Short Name + Channel option for that type of function.
If anything, having the scribble strip displaying the currently selected channel Type gives a better idea of what you’re actually engaging, and when using increment/decrement to scroll through the channels, showing Type eliminates guess work waiting to pick up on the auditory cues.
I agree, it would be helpful for certain scenarios like this.

Wow….all I can say is I can’t wait till the modeler that @laxu is going to bring to market hits the shelves! I mean, world class audio, perfect UI,

And road-worthy equipment all for cheap? I know I’ll be first in line for one, providing there’s also a proper return policy so I can judge if it suits my every need or not! View attachment 25688

What people want is the modeling of a Fractal, the UI of a TMP, the size of an HX Stomp, and all of it for $500.

My local GC had one FR12 in stock. I bought it just to hear for myself how it sounded. Went back to the store the very next day and ordered a second one. I’m not crazy about the tolex and grill cloth, but if it ever gets to the point that I’m twitchy over it I’ll build a pair of new cabs to house the guts in, and I’ll do a Boogie-style hardwood/wicker grill thing.
I seriously hate how they look :rofl

You know the are other label options, right? Have you looked at the Footswitch Functions Guide? If not, you should.

I like the Short Name + Channel option for that type of function.

I agree, it would be helpful for certain scenarios like this.

Good shout. Long Name + Channel is cool. At least you know where you are in the channel cycle. (y)

They look like fucking Blues Jrs. And I hate Blues Jrs.
Yup, Blues Jr or HRD, both of which I hate.
@deadpool_25 blacked his out and they are muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better.
Yup, I have Mr. Pool’s response to me bookmarked, in case I ever get one 😂

I’d also rebadge it, with a laser etched badge. My sister has one of those insane lasers (unfortunately not attached to sharks) that can etch anything this side of adamantium.

They look like fucking Blues Jrs. And I hate Blues Jrs.

Yup, Blues Jr or HRD, both of which I hate.

I guess I'm lucky, I actually like the way they look and even like that they look like a Hot Rod Deluxe.

I prefer that they look like a standard Fender combo as opposed to how the Laney looks.

But truth be told, it's a minor consideration. Looks wise I'd be fine gigging with either, it's the weight and cost difference that would give me more pause. Even so I'd pay more for it and haul it around if the Laney sounded significantly better.

Back