Fractal Talk

Friedmans are f*cking awesome. I suppose he got too popular for his own good and people are now doing that thing where they dis the thing that is popular because it makes them feel like they are 'in the know' or something. I see people here, at Rig Talk, TGP, etc all trashing Friedman lately. Saturation will spoil a premium brand if not managed just right.

They're basically an evolution of Marshalls that do Dave's Thing and it is freaking awesome. We have plenty of Marshalls. If you want a Marshall but don't want to shell for one call Nik at Ceriatone or any of a hundred other folks building clones. ;)

Was playing my Syn30 w/ the BE Dlx module yesterday (through the Syn 412 which is the Friedman 412 cab with different cosmetics) and it will rip your damn head off. Could absolutely live with that one amp and module if I had to... with the 30's clean channel and the BE side for crunch, you can wind up the HBE side and it is just a monster. Makes me kinda GAS for a BE50 Deluxe IRL.

For the longest time the Friedman models seemed to be the most coveted in Fractal land... probably due to Mark Day doing mind blowingly excellent tones with them on a regular basis. Those were actually what got me on board with Fractal and digital back in the day.

Anyway, Friedman != Marshall and that's a good thing.

Haha! Nope. Nope. And nope.

Why does it always have to be some presumed psychological fault of the
so-called "naysayer?" :idk

No one here is going to put Dave out of business, or has some kind of vendetta
to cancel him. We all like what we like. Friedman ≠ Marshall. Marshall = Marshall.

The end. :LOL:

fox GIF by Proven Innocent

:LOL:

Haha! Nope. Nope. And nope.

Why does it always have to be some presumed psychological fault of the
so-called "naysayer?" :idk

No one here is going to put Dave out of business, or has some kind of vendetta
to cancel him. We all like what we like. Friedman ≠ Marshall. Marshall = Marshall.

The end. :LOL:
It's okay that some people don't vibe with them. Like I said it is it's own thing. I suspect a lot of folks trash talking them are band-wagoning, though and was pointing it out.

That does not mean there is not some portion of the group that is in fact being intellectually honest with themselves... If that's you, congrats on thinking clearly about it.

Marshalls are like a beautiful woman who is inherently and naturally stunning, and
then someone comes along and blows her ass out, inflates her tits to 65psi, injects
collagen into her lips, Botoxs every facial expression out of commission and then
dares proclaim her more beautiful than she was, when, in all actuality, she is now
an hideous construction of grotesque SoCal plastic surgery constructs and practices.

love and hip hop reality tv GIF by VH1

:knit

:LOL:

I love Dave. He's great for the industry, and players alike. Legend! :beer
I disagree. So would EVH, Jose and Dave.

Marshall’s are mass produced and stuck in a signature sound. Mods aren’t always a bad thing IMHO.

I think I’m going to break down and try the AxeFx in 4CM with the JC, as an FX unit. I’ve tried hard to not cross streams but the curiosity is getting the better of me. Have you guys run into any issues with this? (latency, leveling etc)

IMG_5021.jpeg

So after some RTFM, couple questions:
  • Im assuming the changing the input mode to Left Only step is telling the AXE it’s a mono signal from the amps FX send correct?
  • I’m going to run the Output 4 in stereo since the JC has a stereo loop, so connecting Output 4L&R. Is there anything I need to do in the Axe Edit signal path to make it run in true stereo or will it by default?

I think I’m going to break down and try the AxeFx in 4CM with the JC, as an FX unit. I’ve tried hard to not cross streams but the curiosity is getting the better of me. Have you guys run into any issues with this? (latency, leveling etc)

View attachment 25362

So after some RTFM, couple questions:
  • Im assuming the changing the input mode to Left Only step is telling the AXE it’s a mono signal from the amps FX send correct?
  • I’m going to run the Output 4 in stereo since the JC has a stereo loop, so connecting Output 4L&R. Is there anything I need to do in the Axe Edit signal path to make it run in true stereo or will it by default?

I believe you’re correct on both points.

And it’s gonna be a lot of fun!

Back