Fractal Talk

then someone comes along and blows her ass out,

giphy.gif

I've never played a Plexi so I have no relevant thoughts on that but I do know the BE-100 Deluxe is fucking killer.

Yeah Friedman amps are awesome amps!

But I never understood the « it’s the Marshall of your dreams things ».

Maybe it’s just a marketing thing cause Dave was known to mod Marshalls.

The only « plexi on steroids »I’ve played that is not a Marshall is the cornford RK100.
They share a lot of the feel and percussiveness.

I wish I’ve never sold this amp. It’s t was the best amp ever made for my taste.

Only chance now is to have it modeled on fractal world like it used to be

IMO it can be dialed into that ballpark at least, both on Fractal or Helix. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can point out "well acschually it's more like this and that", but you can get Plexi style tones out of it pretty easily, without the ungodly volume. There are more "vintage" voiced modern MV amps out there of course.
I do have great results with putting a Plexi Tonestack into my Friedman BE/HBE presets.
This and a higher master volume definitely do make the Friedmans sound more open and angry.

Yeah Friedman amps are awesome amps!
Friedmans are f*cking awesome. I suppose he got too popular for his own good and people are now doing that thing where they dis the thing that is popular because it makes them feel like they are 'in the know' or something. I see people here, at Rig Talk, TGP, etc all trashing Friedman lately. Saturation will spoil a premium brand if not managed just right.

They're basically an evolution of Marshalls that do Dave's Thing and it is freaking awesome. We have plenty of Marshalls. If you want a Marshall but don't want to shell for one call Nik at Ceriatone or any of a hundred other folks building clones. ;)

Was playing my Syn30 w/ the BE Dlx module yesterday (through the Syn 412 which is the Friedman 412 cab with different cosmetics) and it will rip your damn head off. Could absolutely live with that one amp and module if I had to... with the 30's clean channel and the BE side for crunch, you can wind up the HBE side and it is just a monster. Makes me kinda GAS for a BE50 Deluxe IRL.

For the longest time the Friedman models seemed to be the most coveted in Fractal land... probably due to Mark Day doing mind blowingly excellent tones with them on a regular basis. Those were actually what got me on board with Fractal and digital back in the day.

Anyway, Friedman != Marshall and that's a good thing.

Last edited:
You can point out "well acschually it's more like this and that", but you can get Plexi style tones out of it pretty easily, without the ungodly volume. There are more "vintage" voiced modern MV amps out there of course.
+100000

The BE100 is capable of such a huge variety of tones - it doesn’t so much “have a sound” as being an amp that can sound like several in one. I fired mine up today and forgot how much I love it.

Between BE/HBE, the sat switch, voicing, structure you can really get way more variety out of it than you can a Plexi or 2203.

Back