Fractal Talk

Even worst: I can spend long time tweaking things because they do not sound like my old favorite preset. e.g.: to adventure using a new amp, or a preset from other, and force it to sound like the JS2450 that I always use.
:bonk
Welcome to guitar gear land!

I've spent inordinate amounts of time only to arrive in basically the same place but using different gear :)

Welcome to guitar gear land!

I've spent inordinate amounts of time only to arrive in basically the same place but using different gear :)
I think it happens in the real world as well , we are just creatures of habit
How many times I have heard can you make this Bogner sound more like a Marshall
Or how do you make this 5150 do a Recto tone.

Freidman amps is a good example he basically builds modded Marshall’s that are darker smoother and have more gain and compression and the #1 request he gets is can you make it sound more like a Plexi , hence his new amp , that is basically a modern creation of something that was available in 1968

Freidman amps is a good example he basically builds modded Marshall’s that are darker smoother and have more gain and compression and the #1 request he gets is can you make it sound more like a Plexi , hence his new amp , that is basically a modern creation of something that was available in 1968
On top of that the BE is kinda built to sound like a cranked Plexi, but in a modern master volume design, with modern extras thrown in.

Am I the only one that thinks a Friedman does not sound like and doesn’t feel like a plexi at all?
IMO it can be dialed into that ballpark at least, both on Fractal or Helix. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can point out "well acschually it's more like this and that", but you can get Plexi style tones out of it pretty easily, without the ungodly volume. There are more "vintage" voiced modern MV amps out there of course.

Marshalls are like a beautiful woman who is inherently and naturally stunning, and
then someone comes along and blows her ass out, inflates her tits to 65psi, injects
collagen into her lips, Botoxs every facial expression out of commission and then
dares proclaim her more beautiful than she was, when, in all actuality, she is now
an hideous construction of grotesque SoCal plastic surgery constructs and practices.

love and hip hop reality tv GIF by VH1

:knit

:LOL:

I love Dave. He's great for the industry, and players alike. Legend! :beer

Back