Fractal Talk

Gorgeous neck and fingerboard!
Thank you. Roasted maple, jumbo frets and the markers are Arizona turquoise.

1719239037511.png

Dont like telecasters much, but yours is really beautiful
Aww thanks. I was not Telecaster person until I built my own. Remarkably simple guitars in construction and operation but with a huge range of sounds on tap. I'm gigging the Tele exclusively now, which is not something I would have ever expected to say.

It's an incredibly durable guitar. And because the finish was already dinged up, I basically treat it like shit when I gig and don't worry about things. :D

It is remarkably freeing to NOT have to stress about a guitar getting damaged when playing live.

Last edited:
New Cab-Lab with AAX support and Smoothing:

Who made the neck? That guitar has a great overall vibe to the look!
Warmoth! All my replacement necks here I've ordered from Warmoth and have been generally happy with. Carve on this one is thinner than all my others. But I wanted this one to be a little more modern. Went with their compound radius and their standard profile. I spared no dime on this neck -- I think it clocked in around $500-$600.

I got the body off someone on TGP. I think it's MJT-finished Warmoth? Was like $100. Total steal. Light and resonant. The guitar came together nicely and plays better than I had hoped for.

My white whale neck is this one, that I bought second hand, that's on my La Cabronita build. It's narrower width, full back but not like baseball bat full, and medium frets. Just fits my hand perfectly. Reminds me of my '95 Standard 24's neck, which is also sublime.

I've been trying to figure out the specs for years but have not successfully been able to order another neck like it. I thought it was their 59 Roundback profile, but nope. Ordered that carve for my EOB Strat replacement neck and it's nice, but wider and thicker than the one I bought used. I should maybe send the serial number to Warmoth or something?

1719248016157.png

That translucent finish on that piece of swamp ash is amazing. Is it a single piece body? If not, the matching is amazing!
Thanks! It's artist's oil color "underpainting white" for the whitewash effect with a few coats of TruOil over the top. Looks cool. Not that durable. :giggle:

It's a two piece body. Matching on the top and back is perfect. You can tell easily from the sides though. I got it from Warmoth's in-stock bodies pre-pandemic when they had a zillion things up and were adding more every few days. I basically stalked that site and snapped it up right away since it was super light with really nice grain pattern.

-Aaron

Back