Fractal Talk

Why not just use the Post EQ in the AMP block?

The Q setting is really important here. I've done this too, where I take the most important frequency I'm trying to cut or boost, set the GEQ Q setting to maximize the effect on that one band, then I move the rest of the sliders until they sound right. It would be great if the amp block had a Q setting for it's GEQ too.

The Q setting is really important here. I've done this too, where I take the most important frequency I'm trying to cut or boost, set the GEQ Q setting to maximize the effect on that one band, then I move the rest of the sliders until they sound right. It would be great if the amp block had a Q setting for it's GEQ too.
But if it’s just a single band, would a PEQ not suffice?

Greetings, I am new here and somehow this forum has passed me by but now I am among you :beer

How do you deal with the Stereo Spread control in the Delay or Chorus Block, for example, when using a mono preset? There is a noticeable difference between 0 and 100
Welcome!! Good to have ya, although Idk the answer to your question. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's a 'New Member/Welcome' thread around here somewhere that you may wanna post in.
Or not. :beer

But if it’s just a single band, would a PEQ not suffice?

Totally, but the advantage here is, you fine tune that one band with the perfect Q, but you can still get the other frequencies to help your tone with the same Q. To me it's a nice and powerful alternative to a parametric (because of the number of bands), as long as that main band you need us even on the graphic!

Well I dunno but James bond had a lot of faith in Q so ...

1719134808230.png

Greetings, I am new here and somehow this forum has passed me by but now I am among you :beer

How do you deal with the Stereo Spread control in the Delay or Chorus Block, for example, when using a mono preset? There is a noticeable difference between 0 and 100

For a start, you ought to set Stereo Spread to zero, otherwise you can have some odd and unnatractive results in mono. Same goes for the Reverb blocks.

But also, many of the stereo delay blocks (for example) have mono counterparts, so there's traditional Mono Tape and Mono BBD delays that you can select for mono patches. You can avoid odd phasing issues that way and use less CPU while you're at it.

Last night's vibe recipe:

Jazzmaster ->
JTM 45 Jumped (EOB) ->
Stereo BBD ->
York Audio Matchless 2x12 ESD (Celestion M25 & H30) Blend mix 08* ->
Slightest hint of North Church reverb in parallel.

Delicious. :chef

* V2. Used with 2x12 Class A Greenback SIC.

Last edited:
Last night's vibe recipe:

Jazzmaster ->
JTM 45 Jumped (EOB) ->
Stereo BBD ->
York Audio Matchless 2x12 ESD (Celestion M25 & H30) Blend mix 08* ->
Slightest hint of North Church reverb in parallel.

Delicious. :chef

* Used with 2x12 Class A Greenback SIC.

Your JM talk yesterday got me all fired up to run through a pile of my
guitars I have sadly neglected for many months now, including my JM
variant. I thank you! It was an hell of a lot of fun. :banana

Back