Fractal Talk

@2112 Go to was the London plate now its the Golden, I also like the Golden very much
But then again anything Fractal Verb is awesome and has a use for any given purpose or taste

:beer

I don't think so. It was included in the new round of Reverb algorithms added last year, so the effect is modelled in a different manner; so it couldn't sound the same.
yes, they definitely did add some new verbs , but they also changed a bunch of the names , Wide Rich hall , became Mechanics hall
a bunch of others changed too

You can throw a dart and land on a badass Frac verb. I love using the Gymnasium and Coliseum just because I find it hilariously awesome to pick them.

Gold plate, London plate, LARGE WOODEN ROOM

So Excited Reaction GIF

The tunnel verb is…

Yas Omg GIF by O&O, Inc

The reverbs and delays are just sick from top to bottom.

Last edited:
Another interesting amp adventure tonight: I've wanted a 6G6-B Blonde Bassman in the Axe-Fx for a long time.

So I took the brown 6G12 Concert model (which is already great) and swapped the 6LGGC power tubes for 5881 tubes and sure, it's not the same circuit and may not be any closer to that blonde Bassman; but it _definitely_ sounded sweeter to my ears 🙂

I also love what I've heard of the new verbs, but have recently settled on "Recording Studio A" for my basic choice.
London Plate with a shortish time of 1.5 seconds was my go-to for something that wasn't too crazy, but it's real easy for me to overdo reverb and make higher gain sounds messier than they need to be. London Plate has now been knocked down to Reverb Channel B. :cop

reverb.jpg

Last night's vibe recipe:

Jazzmaster ->
JTM 45 Jumped (EOB) ->
Stereo BBD ->
York Audio Matchless 2x12 ESD (Celestion M25 & H30) Blend mix 08* ->
Slightest hint of North Church reverb in parallel.

Delicious. :chef

* V2. Used with 2x12 Class A Greenback SIC.

I've tried the recipe, and it is kinda fluffy here. Probably my settings 😅
Playing two different Strats, one of them with P90s
My preset attached, in case that you would like to compare (I've loaded "YA MTCH 212 BLND Mix 08" on User2 #119)
:columbo

I've tried the recipe, and it is kinda fluffy here. Probably my settings 😅
Playing two different Strats, one of them with P90s
My preset attached, in case that you would like to compare (I've loaded "YA MTCH 212 BLND Mix 08" on User2 #119)
:columbo

Jazzmasters can be quite bright and pokey. And of course the amp can be dialled in so many different ways; but I'll try this out after work this evening, because it's interesting to compare. I have a 500k volume pot, rather than the traditional 1 Meg, though, so it's not a pokey as some!

I should have added that there's a fair amount of bottom end to how I was using the amp, because it wasn't for a mix, only playing without accompaniment. I also tried to balance the amp for JM neck with tone control fully open and then JM bridge with the tone rolled back a bit.

I can send you my preset later, but you know how these things go - presets are so guitar and playback system specific, that they often don't translate.

Last edited:
The way i see it patches that i build will rarely playout WAI for others, its built around my guitars, pickups, my cabs, my room acoustics and of course how i play, so its mostly designed to work for that individual
Just my thoughts

@Piing Just had a thought - do you have version 2 (V2) of the YA MTCH 212 IR? V2 is quite different from the original release.

Last edited:
I also love what I've heard of the new verbs, but have recently settled on "Recording Studio A" for my basic choice.
London Plate with a shortish time of 1.5 seconds was my go-to for something that wasn't too crazy, but it's real easy for me to overdo reverb and make higher gain sounds messier than they need to be. London Plate has now been knocked down to Reverb Channel B. :cop

View attachment 24451
Similar, but for the "hi gain".

@Piing Just had a thought - do you have version 2 (V2) of the YA MTCH 212 IR? V2 is quite different from the original release.

I was not aware of the V2 release. I will update it. Thank you

The way i see it patches that i build will rarely playout WAI for others, its built around my guitars, pickups, my cabs, my room acoustics and of course how i play, so its mostly designed to work for that individual
Just my thoughts

Yes, it is like that many times. Even with the same guitar. But in this case I have started with a new amp that I've never tried before from scratch, and I am wondering if I can get some juice from it :stirthepot:guiness

Last edited:
OK. Things are getting juicy now. That V2 IR of the York pack is better. Less aggressive on the highs.

I've also read about the JTM45, and it needs to be properly tamed. Even @iaresee had the same flubby issue like me on the beginning :D
1719233431660.png

Good to follow some advice from @2112 e.g: start with the Bass at zero, Mid at 10, and adjust guitar volume and tone.

BTW: with this cab on the Axe-FX it sounds better than Leon's video :grin
Now it rocks!! It still has some kind of flubbiness, but it is fun to play with it. Blackmore territory :rawk

Some tweaking at the CAB mike preamo also helps
1719233831859.png

Last edited:
OK. Things are getting juicy now.

Excellent! Juicy is the right word. Part of the attraction of the JTM45 is the massive juicyness.

Sounds like you're getting there already. I'm still at work so don't have the time to send you my preset yet, but you probably won't need it by the time I get to it.

Glad we identified that we weren't talking about the same IR! :LOL:

Back