Fractal Talk

I want a strat with a tele bridge pickup on it.
I suppose you’d also need the tele bridge for part of the sound though.
I think an additional mod to that kind of guitar that would be useful would be to have the switch wired as follows:

1: bridge only
2: bridge/middle
3: middle only
4: neck/bridge
5: neck only

But we're supposed to be talking about teles. Not strats that want to be teles. Or god forbid a parameter in a Fractal unit.

Teles that want to be Gibsons?

41020d8ce77ca9bd8ef1566bb4efd9c9.jpg

Jeff_Beck_in_1979-with-tele_Frame_Compressed.png

I actually don't like Teles. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I appreciate that classic sound and their versatiliy, but I've owned three and kept none of them. Maybe I just haven't found the right one. I'll take a Strat over a Tele any day.

Very similar until the past year. Had all the varieties of Teles you could have
from a Kotzen to a Deluxe to a Thinline to a Nashville top an Esquire, and not
a one of them wowed me. :idk

Then I turned 55. :hugitout

Now I know there is a thing a Tele does that a Strat or a Paul can't. And I won't
any longer ask a Tele to bastardize itself with humbuckers and try to masquerade
as some kind of "other" axe. :LOL:

Fun for me to play now that I have accepted what a Tele can offer, but doesn't
mean I grab it more than my other guitars.

Fun for me to play now that I have accepted what a Tele can offer, but doesn't
mean I grab it more than my other guitars.
Same here.

Years ago I bought a Tele just to have that voice when I needed it. The one I got was a '93 MIJ '52 reissue. It had great tone, maybe because it's 30 years old, but I never got along with the vintage frets and vintage neck carve.

So I replaced the neck with an American Elite Series compound radius neck (9.5-14) C to D carve, with an ebony board and locking tuners. It's now a truly spectacular instrument, the best Tele I've ever played.

Still, I prefer my Strats and 335. I do play it sometimes but usually only when I want to get back to basics playing clean Funk rhythm guitar. I definitely don't "grab it more than my other guitars."

51215766153_04b3159c2c_b.jpg

I would think setting the line frequency for the country you're playing in would also maybe aid the noise gate of you're playing single coils.

The reason ghost notes occur, from what I've gleaned, is that the notes you play can interact with the line frequency in an audible and disharmonic way. It stands to reason that other aspects of the tone may be affected by this interaction too; e.g., I hear strong ghost notes in many Plexis as well as the BE-100 models, so I switch the power supply from the AC default to DC, which cuts out the interaction with the line frequency. Not only do ghost notes go away, but amps get brighter immediately, and I have to compensate.
That’s funny because I remember a time (not so long ago) were some people were complaining that modelers were missing those ghost notes that are truly part of a tube amp tone.

On my side, I will never, ever makes those ghost notes disappear, I love them since I had my first amp.

Same here.

Years ago I bought a Tele just to have that voice when I needed it. The one I got was a '93 MIJ '52 reissue. It had great tone, maybe because it's 30 years old, but I never got along with the vintage frets and vintage neck carve.

So I replaced the neck with an American Elite Series compound radius neck (9.5-14) C to D carve, with an ebony board and locking tuners. It's now a truly spectacular instrument, the best Tele I've ever played.

Still, I prefer my Strats and 335. I do play it sometimes but usually only when I want to get back to basics playing clean Funk rhythm guitar. I definitely don't "grab it more than my other guitars."

51215766153_04b3159c2c_b.jpg
Damn that black guard and ebony board looks amazing on top of that burst!

That’s funny because I remember a time (not so long ago) were some people were complaining that modelers were missing those ghost notes that are truly part of a tube amp tone.

On my side, I will never, ever makes those ghost notes disappear, I love them since I had my first amp.
That was Beato

The Big Bounce Space GIF

That was Beato

The Big Bounce Space GIF
I am ok with Ghost notes but
Ghost farts are a definite no

My new secret weapon to sculpt the tone to personal taste and cut though the mix like a suppository torpedo is a GEQ between AMP and CAB with Mister-Q turned down 🚀
1719037189188.png

Slight changes on any frequency have a drastic effect that is different to pre AMP/CAB EQ or post AMP/CAB EQ. There is an Output GEQ inside the AMP block for that purpose, but it doesn't have Mister-Q

Last edited:
My new secret weapon to sculpt the tone to personal taste and cut though the mix like a suppository torpedo is a GEQ between AMP and CAB with Mister-Q turned down 🚀
View attachment 24360
Slight changes on any frequency have a drastic effect that is different to pre AMP/CAB EQ or post AMP/CAB EQ. There is an Output GEQ inside the AMP block for that purpose, but it doesn't have Mister-Q
Wouldn’t that already be possible in the amp block?

Can you make a on/off recording. I’m curious Cause 3db increase is not a slight change to me.

Wouldn’t that already be possible in the amp block?

Can you make a on/off recording. I’m curious Cause 3db increase is not a slight change to me.
3 db should be just hitting the threshold of an audible change that your ear should hear a slight difference depending on the frequency
1 or 2 db would be very subtle and likely more felt than change sonic character
IMO experience especially if we are talking in a mix and not isolated guitars

I'd forgotten all about that setting, so no I didn't do it! I think I'll just leave it on the default.

I suppose the biggest difference would be ghost notes, which would start at 100 Hz (plus harmonics) in the UK vs 120 Hz in North America.

When you can really hear the difference between different AC Power Supply Frequencies (the Axe-FX allows to set it between 30Hz and 100Hz) is at the ghost notes that are generated when you increase the Supply Sag and reduce the B+ Time Constant.

View attachment 24334

p.s: Why do I feel pity for these poor souls that are stuck with old-fashioned amplifiers that explode and burn your house or get you electrocuted if you attempt to play with these things? :rofl
There may be a little confusion going on here.

There's a global setting for local power supply frequency. That's used by the Noise Gate to help remove power line noise. It should be set to match your actual local power.

There's also the AC Line Frequency in the Amp block. That's for affecting the modeled amp to simulate the amp running on different power.

Greetings, I am new here and somehow this forum has passed me by but now I am among you :beer

How do you deal with the Stereo Spread control in the Delay or Chorus Block, for example, when using a mono preset? There is a noticeable difference between 0 and 100

Back