Fractal Talk

Can I have “Shit that doesn’t need to be in a Fractal thread and most certainly isn’t a topic for *this* forum” for $500, Alex?

If you guys want to discuss this shit, take it to a PM. Any further shit about it will just get deleted, I’m not in the mood.
Animated GIF

I've had some quirks with the FM9 the last week :nails, hope it's not a sign of things to come.

One day, it just totally froze and another day my 3rd bottom row footswitch stopped responding. Power down and restart fixed it both times but it's making me antsy. I do not like hardware glitches.

On latest firmware.

What was the dsp usage of the patches when you had those problems?

D

Can I have “Shit that doesn’t need to be in a Fractal thread and most certainly isn’t a topic for *this* forum” for $500, Alex?

If you guys want to discuss this shit, take it to a PM. Any further shit about it will just get deleted, I’m not in the mood.
Did you delete some posts? Or is this in relation to posts that are still in thread? Trying to calibrate for future posting.

Was it just since the update or always like that?

Worth trying to document and ask the Fractal folks, especially if it persists and you roll back to a different firmware.

Only time I had a hardware issue they got it sorted for me free of charge.

I've had some quirks with the FM9 the last week :nails, hope it's not a sign of things to come.

One day, it just totally froze and another day my 3rd bottom row footswitch stopped responding. Power down and restart fixed it both times but it's making me antsy. I do not like hardware glitches.

On latest firmware.

Dude, you should totally post this in the beta FW thread on the Fractal Forum. Bug reporting is maybe the most important aspect of that thread! Although Cliff hops on this thread every once in a while, he's all over the latest FW thread on the Fractal forum at all times, and he takes that shit seriously. But if you do it, please do post your presets where you encountered the trouble. If you don't want to share them publicly, you can always ask how they'd like it, whether to PM an engineer on the forum or to send it through support on the Fractal website.

I've had a footswitch problem before on my FC12, and tech support was great with guiding me.

Anyway, I hope your problems are not persistent.

Was it just since the update or always like that?

Worth trying to document and ask the Fractal folks, especially if it persists and you roll back to a different firmware.

Only time I had a hardware issue they got it sorted for me free of charge.
I seem to recall an issue months ago, but can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Dude, you should totally post this in the beta FW thread on the Fractal Forum. Bug reporting is maybe the most important aspect of that thread! Although Cliff hops on this thread every once in a while, he's all over the latest FW thread on the Fractal forum at all times, and he takes that shit seriously. But if you do it, please do post your presets where you encountered the trouble. If you don't want to share them publicly, you can always ask how they'd like it, whether to PM an engineer on the forum or to send it through support on the Fractal website.

I've had a footswitch problem before on my FC12, and tech support was great with guiding me.

Anyway, I hope your problems are not persistent.
I may, but can't 100% say which preset I was on. I will watch now though and if it happens again I'll pay better attention.

I've got some genuine Fractal Talk.

After being separated from my AF3 for 3 months during my international move, and in the interim experimenting with laptop plugins and NAM etc...

I plugged back into the AF3 yesterday and HOLY SHIT - there it was! That's what I was looking for.

No other digital offering is as good as this with the latest firmware. Seriously.

And it's not just about the amp modelling. It's the entire package. All the effects, and routing and low latency, low aliasing, variable impedence, high quality converters and components, XLR outs. Everything.

Tell you what though - I'm never shipping like that again. I'll get a flight case for it, pay the excess baggage and take the potential import duty hit if I have to (tax exempt if shipped and done with the right paperwork). Shipping on a slow boat for 90 days is way too much hassle, plus I had GAS wobbles during that period.

I've got some genuine Fractal Talk.

After being separated from my AF3 for 3 months during my international move, and in the interim experimenting with laptop plugins and NAM etc...

I plugged back into the AF3 yesterday and HOLY SHIT - there it was! That's what I was looking for.

No other digital offering is as good as this with the latest firmware. Seriously.

And it's not just about the amp modelling. It's the entire package. All the effects, and routing and low latency, low aliasing, variable impedence, high quality converters and components, XLR outs. Everything.

Tell you what though - I'm never shipping like that again. I'll get a flight case for it, pay the excess baggage and take the potential import duty hit if I have to (tax exempt if shipped and done with the right paperwork). Shipping on a slow boat for 90 days is way too much hassle, plus I had GAS wobbles during that period.

When we were selling our house, I hadn't yet moved to the new place. I had all my gear packed up and hidden away in a closet for showings, then would drag it out at night to play. Really annoying but I appreciated that I could do all guitar and sound stuff in one box.

International or Interstellar ? 3 Months is loooooong where did you move to? the outer rim ??

Oh I know. It takes a long time to get a spot scheduled on a container ship I think. AFAICT my stuff spent almost 2 months in a Toronto storage facility before making its way to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Also took about 6 weeks to get UK Customs clearance before they would even put it on a ship. Only took 7 days to cross the Atlantic and then it was in another storage facility for a couple of weeks once it was in the UK. Very frustrating.

It's funny, I know I posted a few weeks back about how I was having some second thoughts towards modeling when I started playing through amps for the first time since I got the AxeFX five years ago, now that I've had a few months of getting reacquainted with amps I'm re-dialing in presets and it's a bit like experiencing it all again for the first time because I wasn't dialing in presets to be this raw or with more detail in the low/low mids, dialing the highs back a bit, just overall making them far less ready to fit in a mix and sound more like an amp just being an amp.

I didn't bother trying to match the exact tones between my EVH head and the 50-watt model, but I made a preset for each using the same DynaCabs I use with the head, I had a good chuckle when I started dialing in the model because had I just walked in the room without paying attention to what I was plugged into, I wouldn't have known. It's the stuff like how the strings ring out when you take your hands off them that really cracks me up.

It's funny, I know I posted a few weeks back about how I was having some second thoughts towards modeling when I started playing through amps for the first time since I got the AxeFX five years ago, now that I've had a few months of getting reacquainted with amps I'm re-dialing in presets and it's a bit like experiencing it all again for the first time because I wasn't dialing in presets to be this raw or with more detail in the low/low mids, dialing the highs back a bit, just overall making them far less ready to fit in a mix and sound more like an amp just being an amp.

I didn't bother trying to match the exact tones between my EVH head and the 50-watt model, but I made a preset for each using the same DynaCabs I use with the head, I had a good chuckle when I started dialing in the model because had I just walked in the room without paying attention to what I was plugged into, I wouldn't have known. It's the stuff like how the strings ring out when you take your hands off them that really cracks me up.
Yeah I walked a very similar path... having the luxury of having real amps and something like fractal at the same time really helps dial things in "like an amp". In general the way I dial in patches is a lot different now compared to being amp-less for many many years

Back