Fractal Talk

Hm, I actually like JS and enjoy watching his videos. :unsure:
I mean, just because he puts the damn compressor block on every single patch… that doesn‘t make him one of the really bad YouTubers like Fricker and that TBP Dougie?! JS actually knows what he is talking about.

Last edited:
Idk man I read some murmurings that JS donated to some hate groups using his real name and address and email that ties to his guitar stuff.

that doesn‘t make him one of the really bad YouTubers like Fricker and that TBP Dougie?! JS actually knows what he is talking about
IDK, he's at least as bad IMO. There's been more than enough occasions where he's got stuff wrong, and he absolutely CANNOT be corrected on anything (which old whitegoggles and Fricker do too). Tons of weird advice mixed in with the good which can throw people off a bit.

He's also resorted to the "I dont even know who you are" line to me on more than one occasion and just acted like a giant baby rather than being civilized. I've seen the same sort of reaction to other people who've commented on his videos.

I mean, just because he puts the damn compressor block on every single patch… that doesn‘t make him one of the really bad YouTubers like Fricker and that TBP Dougie?! JS actually knows what he is talking about.
What mirror said mostly; his (clearly compensated) review of Mission Engineering "FRFR" being the “filled with misinformation that he could not discuss the possibility of being wrong about no matter how friendly he was approached” being the straw that broke the camels back. And subjectively - I find his tones to be heavy-on-mids-but-not-in-a-pleasing-way.

Killer player, and absent some hardcore receipts I’m not gonna give any weight to more personal allegations.

He gets a bad rap because of how he gets his sounds. It works for him, so good on him for that. People extrapolated from his videos something like “the way to get Helix to sound good is to put a comp at the end and eq the hell out of it.” That’s effectively what he did, but I don’t think he ever really said it’s the only way he could have gotten a good sound from it. He claims that’s what they do in studios, but I’ve yet to see or hear of a major studio cat that does anything as extreme as what he does from an eq standpoint. Maybe I just haven’t run across them though and they are really out there regularly getting tones that way.

His videos aren’t my thing. I watched a few, but it’s just not an approach that I have any interest in. I’d rather just get the right mics in the right spot and not use much eq. Different strokes….

D

Music Video Britney Spears Toxic GIF
Ot, but can you make her speed up to about double, then slow way down?

I watched a typical TOP BS fest go down a while ago where Jason eventually lost his temper with whoever was trolling him and fired back. He scored serious brownie points with me for not putting up with their shit.

Idk man I read some murmurings that JS donated to some hate groups using his real name and address and email that ties to his guitar stuff.

The way certain groups throw around terms like “hate group,” “racist,” and “extremist” in an attempt to smear those they disagree with or don’t like, I wouldn’t put much stock in any of that bullshit.

I dunno bout you guys but the most I've ever learned for Modeling was our own @2112
always great, to the point, excellent tweaking ideas and tips and tricks that actually work and make a difference, amazing playing and tones and he has his cat roaming around all the time that's a win win right there

:beer

I think that depends, really. I really like the Badlander because it's basically a single channel head with two "presets". But that said, the new Mark VII is pretty elaborate, and sounds awesome in nearly every mode.
Tell me more about the Badlander please. What does it do well? What does it do not dowel? Thanks PW!

Thanks @DrewJD82 for the cleanup and redirect!

Here's my current home setup:

53803029542_15a27ec69e_b.jpg

I finally caved and got a Dunlop volume/expression pedal because I've been wanting one for a long time. It should handle damn near anything I need in a modeler or analog setup. My Orange 1x12 cab just perfectly fits under my small wire shelf that I use for the Axe 3, so that worked out nicely. FC12 foot controller that I've had for a while.

Blackstar Amped 1 is awesome, I am really happy with it. I like it so much more than the Katana Artist. Set flat, it sounds really good with amp modelers. Set to preamp/poweramp modeling, it works great as a pedal platform. Totally recommend this. I play it 90% of the time and haven't plugged in my Orange Rocker 15 tube amp much since getting it.

I could totally see running an FM9 instead of the Axe 3, but right now I have the Axe 3 + FC12 so no real need to change for change's sake. Also trying to do all my programming (outside of FC) on the unit itself which is a good exercise.

Anyways, the tone is great, the feel is great, there's no noise or hum with this setup, and no rabbit holes for IR's.

I've had some quirks with the FM9 the last week :nails, hope it's not a sign of things to come.

One day, it just totally froze and another day my 3rd bottom row footswitch stopped responding. Power down and restart fixed it both times but it's making me antsy. I do not like hardware glitches.

On latest firmware.

Back