Fractal Talk

1980s tv 80s GIF by absurdnoise

I reckon @JiveTurkey is going to like the DynaCabs in this one:

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

26.00 Public Beta

Improved phase inverter modeling in Amp block. This yields more “weight” and a more open tone when driving the virtual power amp hard (i.e. non-MV amps or MV turned up high).

Added “2x12 5153 Stealth” and “4x12 5153 Stealth” DynaCabs.

Fixed stand-in switch Tap functions not working in some cases.

Not Fractal related, but anyone know the difference between a regular EVH 2x12 and the Stealth 2x12?

I was quite stoked the other day to come home from band practice, toss my EVH into the Suhr RL and without touching the amp settings dial in a tone that was pretty much dead on with what I heard in the room when using a 1960A cab, but since I have an EVH 2x12, that might bring that 1:1 thing a bit closer.

26.00 Public Beta

Improved phase inverter modeling in Amp block. This yields more “weight” and a more open tone when driving the virtual power amp hard (i.e. non-MV amps or MV turned up high).

Joe Biden Politics GIF by The Democrats

Not Fractal related, but anyone know the difference between a regular EVH 2x12 and the Stealth 2x12?

I was quite stoked the other day to come home from band practice, toss my EVH into the Suhr RL and without touching the amp settings dial in a tone that was pretty much dead on with what I heard in the room when using a 1960A cab, but since I have an EVH 2x12, that might bring that 1:1 thing a bit closer.

According to their website they are the exact same specs and speakers.

The new 2x12 Dynacab sounds awesome out of the gate. I just added it with the condenser at stock settings and it sounds really good.

26.00 Public Beta

Time for @JiveTurkey to run a model of a 5153 2x12 into a real 5153 2x12 loaded with Fx200 drivers :crazy:banana:banana:banana

I might be wrong, but I think the wiki list of DynaCabs is bigger than what is in my fm9. I’ll check later, but is it possible i’m missing a lot of dyna cabs? Is there something you have to do to add new ones with a FW or are they just packaged in it? Mine came with 6.0 installed and I just updated to 7.0.

D

I might be wrong, but I think the wiki list of DynaCabs is bigger than what is in my fm9. I’ll check later, but is it possible i’m missing a lot of dyna cabs? Is there something you have to do to add new ones with a FW or are they just packaged in it? Mine came with 6.0 installed and I just updated to 7.0.

D

Do you see all the cabs on the device itself? Sometimes Axe Edit may get out of sync with the device and needs to be refreshed.

I'm not sure if the new dyna cabs would work for FM9. Usually it starts with Axe 3 first.

Do you see all the cabs on the device itself? Sometimes Axe Edit may get out of sync with the device and needs to be refreshed.

I'm not sure if the new dyna cabs would work for FM9. Usually it starts with Axe 3 first.
I don’t think I’ve tried it on the device only on axe-edit. I’ll check this evening thanks!

D

actually, the limited edition cabinets differ in the grill. the speakers are the same
There are no stealth cabinets but there are matching stealth colors.
More confusing is that they have a 2x12 called the EL34 2X12 which once again is only to match the gold coloring of the head.
It would be easier if they just had the web site sorted to click a 2x12 and then pick your color.

For the 4x12 limited
1718385443094.png

for the 2x12 stealth colored the grill is cloth:
1718385797442.png

Last edited:
Back